Steam Monster Summer Game: Let's work together to get to Level 100,000,000

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited June 2015 in Gaming

Most Up to Date Info:

Follow instructions here: http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamMonsterGame/comments/3aexcn/day_9_rooms/

Current room with 6+ Icrontians is 16915

Players are hitting a cap of 100,000,000 levels and Steam is not doing anything about it other than giving upgraded badges... so here I go.

You will be installing scripts if you have not already.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamMonsterGame/comments/3aaqrr/original_wormhole_jumpers_new_strategy/

Script: https://github.com/YeOldeWH/MonsterMinigameWormholeWarp

These are different links than the ones I originally posted. As far as I can tell the wormhole jumpers script is the one used in the room that hit 100,000,000.
The short of it:

The game resets at 9am Pacific each day. I will be starting the new game as close to 9am as possible after the reset. I will post here just before I go over to start the new game. Join on me and start up the scripts if needed. If I understand correctly, you can join the game in progress up to the highest levels you have reached in the past.

@PirateNinja @Karma @primesuspect @_k

Others that may be interested based on those online now:

@mertesn @pigflipper @Gate28 @timuchan @lmorchard @georgeh @Farge @QuadyTheTurnip @Zadok @FettBacon @CrazyJoe @Idiot_Slayer @Jokke @RootWyrm @CB @TiberiusLazarus @tushon @trooster89

Hope to see you tomorrow.

-Digi

georgeh

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2015

It's after midnight... We have 1 day to try this. I'm too tired for this.

-Digi

If you are worried about using scripts, consider there were 3 Valve employees in the first room to hit 100,000,000. No reported bans yet.

-Digi

trooster89
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@BobbyDigi We can try but it will take more than just us to get that high.

BobbyDigi
  • georgehgeorgeh Canton, MI Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    I will be starting the new game as close to 9am as possible after the reset. I will post here just before I go over to start the new game. Join on me and start up the scripts if needed. If I understand correctly, you can join the game in progress up to the highest levels you have reached in the past.

The docs for the script you linked say that they won't announce official rooms until 2 hours after reset (11AM PDT) - should people join the Icrontic room or the official ones?

BobbyDigi

Yeah. We should keep an eye on that subreddit for room numbers. If/when you get into a room, post your room number here and we can all try to get into that room.

I'll still start a new game after the restart to make sure everything is running smooth script wise and farm a few more points before getting in on a big game.

The Auto Game Joiner will be helpful I think. That is what I am going to use to try to get in.

Of note: As of now 4 rooms have hit 100,000,000

-Digi

Just started temporary game. Join on me if you want. Game 46915 if you want to join that way or queue with autojoin.

-Digi

Not 15 min later and this room is on level 6000+. This is going to go fast guys.

17 min at 9000 while I was typing this and chatting a bit.

-Digi

edited June 2015

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamMonsterGame/comments/3aexcn/day_9_rooms/

Rooms are posted

Room 1: JoinGame(); (Room is now labeled as a distraction for trolls. Fucking Internet Drama)

Room 2: JoinGame(47020);

Room 3: JoinGame(47030);

Room 4: JoinGame(47038);

Room 5: JoinGame(47039);

I am not sure if I want to switch out of the room I am in though :/

Edit: all of them are already over my max level. Oh well, going to focus on 46915 and see how it goes. Being at work hinders my abilities quite a lot.

-Digi

• I bought 160 wormholes and jumped in the room with you. We shall hope for the best.

BobbyDigi

Oh god, the subreddit I was relying on is on a steep decline to Internet drama.

I'm closing my remote windows so I can focus on work. Will see what's going on in a couple hours.

-Digi

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I joined the game @_k is in because it was the highest one on my friends list that I was still eligible to join at 1pm. It's going up fast (27,800 right now), but there are clearly people in here who do not understand how to effectively use their wormholes. We keep getting flung past all the *00 levels.

Griefers maybe? I guess it doesn't take much to mess up that particular item's most effective tactics. One dude could do it.

_k
  • Joined on you CB, our game was really slowing down. I see karma in a level 2millionish game.

@PirateNinja said:
    Joined on you CB, our game was really slowing down. I see karma in a level 2millionish game.

:)

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    Oh god, the subreddit I was relying on is on a steep decline to Internet drama.

I'm closing my remote windows so I can focus on work. Will see what's going on in a couple hours.

-Digi

I was reading a thread on reddit yesterday about how it is all just drama now in the rooms. Trying to block people who they think are damaging bosses and not allowing everyone to use wormholes all together. Karma is over 5 mill as I post this.

• @CB I've seen our team pull of an x00 warp successfully one time and we skipped 100 levels. Every time I've looked since then the x00 level got skipped. It could be trolls or just unforunate stacking effects from people using them on x92 and etc. I'm hoping the number of people randomly using warps slows down soon and just the focused warpers will remain. We shall see. @BobbyDigi I hope you can join us in this game it's moving much faster.

I always appreciate a game I can play while grading papers, but I have to admit, there is very little that is actually compelling about the game. It's neat to try to get to higher levels, but that's it. There are no interesting decisions to make.

edited June 2015

@CB said:
    I always appreciate a game I can play while grading papers, but I have to admit, there is very little that is actually compelling about the game. It's >neat to try to get to higher levels, but that's it. There are no interesting decisions to make.

Amen. I have no idea why I am following this game as intently other than I have literally nothing else to do at work. And am off on Fridays.

I left the room to try to join on you guys. Now none of the stats are showing, "none of your friends are playing" and I can't even get back into the game I was in.

Well I guess 40,000 is better than the 4,000 I was at yesterday.

-Digi

yeah it seems like the whole thing kinda crashed.

Mine also went "bonk", along with a bunch of other stuff, like my profile, and my inventory.

So I am slightly freaked out because a lot of our profiles are showing level 0 and some others on my friends list are not. I confirmed with Ily though that he had not used a script and his profile is showing 0 currently also.

-Digi

Game just came back up, my room is back at 22K. I am Beckham's deflated ball.

-Digi

Valve extended the minigame 2 more days.

The Monster Summer Game will be available to play until June 22nd at 9am PDT.

FAQ page Source

-Digi

edited June 2015

If I hit 100,000,000 and I am around when it happens I will take my 1 million wormholes and help y'all out.

currently sitting at 20,000,000+

BobbyDigi
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

me and Digi are still rollin in room 46915

edited June 2015

Mine reset after the down time. the room was at 40K+. Now even my badge on my profile shows 24470. I just refreshed the game, still showing in the 20s. What level do you show us at @Buddyj?

-Digi

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Hmmmm, Maybe I'm crazy.

...but I just might be the lunatic you're looking for.

-Digi

the way I see it currently is whatever levels I get today will add to my wormholes along with upping the level I can join in at over the weekend.

Cards slowly trickle through also, which is nice.

-Digi

• jumped back in, currently people are doing it right. we just warped 800 levels and you could tell people stopped using warps mid 90s. If this keeps up I'll pay attention and try.

BobbyDigi