Phone and service suggestions for CB

2»

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

After another few unhelpful copypastas that guy told me to call to get the info, so I started over with a different guy, and got a luckier draw.

Marc: This phone is unlock version. Now it depends on the carrier if they support the frequency bandwidth for this phone.
    CB: There is two versions, right? US GSM and Global GSM?
    Marc: That's right. That's is for Moto G 2nd generation. But for this one we don't have those version but the phone will work outside US as long as the carrier supports the frequency bandwidth of this phone.
    CB: Okay, so there is only the one version this time.
    CB: Does it have dual slots?
    Marc: No.
    CB: Okay. Thanks. :)

So, I talked to this guy for a bit, and he assured me that this phone will work all over Europe as long as I choose the right carrier (though he was not allowed to tell me which carrier that might be). He linked me to the same map that Tushon linked to above, and said that the map means that at least one carrier in every country in the world supports at least one of the bands that the phone is capable of using.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

That's kinda interesting since the Moto G was marketed as like the global phone companion that was their deal making it less global seems like an interesting move. They may come out with a different release of it in a month or so when do you need it by?

edited July 2015

It seemed to me like they decided to make one phone which covers all the bands in the civilized world. Am I misinterpreting?

I don't NEED it 'til we move in December, but If I'm upgrading to a phone which will work on both sides of the ocean, I'd rather do it sooner than later because my current phone is worse every day.

edited November 2015

So. Brought my Moto G with me to Munich for our apartment hunting trip. On day one, I walked down to the shopping center where there were four mobile phone stores. I talked to each about their plans and got a lot of good info. For this week, I went with T-Mobile, who sold me a 10$ simm-card with a week of internet access. Very usefull. I might go with them for my regular service in January too. They seemed to have the best deal for what I would use it for. for 10$/month (with a two year contract), I get a simm-card with of 2GB/month fast internet (unlimited slow internet) and 100min of phone (or 100 SMS messages) / month (which I would never ever use all of). I might shop around more, but compared to what I pay in the US for phone service, I already feel sold on that plan. :D

GHoosdumZanthianRyder

Betsy says to me tonight: "I still haven't figured out if my phone will work in Germany."

So: Does anyone know if Betsy's Galaxy S4 will work in Europe. Is it CDMA only?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Is her phone CDMA? Is she on Verizon?

She was on Verizon when she got the phone, but now she has a CDMA card from Net10.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Her phone will not work in Germany

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

From looking at the bands that phone is capable of receiving, I think that it should be able to get 2G and 3G bands. It will not be able to get 4G speeds AFAIK, which is not the same as unusable, but I could certainly be reading the capabilities of the phone vs the available bands in that country incorrectly.