Halo 2 Goes Gold

2»

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Let's see 'em...
  • edited November 2004
    ok here they are
    about the bad marketing that microsoft does i found that in a mag called "micro mart" with the dvd player that is common sense
  • edited November 2004
    about the down grading i still need to ask the person i work with he's been ill for the past couble of days,
    but really as consols can't be up graded (faster ram) the games can only go so far. also they are small pcs (small that an understatment for the xbox)
    a lot of it is just common sense
    edited November 2004
    You've just told me that a friend told you something. I'm a little unclear as to what you said. Seemed like consoles can't be upgraded. That's pretty much how it's always been. They get their maximum usage: as the games progress and the console gets further along in its life, everything tends to get better until the hardware just can't handle anymore. This is when they release a new console. Not that the life of a console is short in the least. I still have a SNES that I play, and many gamers still own original consoles from ages ago.

Also, the DVD thing was to avoid the necessary fees. Microsoft would have to pay a royalty type fee for every XBox sold if they were capable out of the box of playing DVDs. This fee would be passed on to the consumer, rasing the price another $20-$30 easily. This doesn't look appealling when you're competing against two other consoles, both of which released cheaper than your console. The fee is included in the purchase of the DVD remote. I think they made a smart move in doing it, because it saved me -and I'm sure many others- $20-$30. I have a DVD player already. No need for the remote.
  • edited November 2004
    pc is not more expensive. in fact its cheaper because everything gets dated faster. i hope halo 2 comes out soon for it.
  • edited November 2004
    I have both a PC and Xbox. I own halo for PC and have enjoyed playing it without any problems. I play online for about an hour a day. I understand that Xbox live is a monthly fee. I will stick with pc games for the most part. I like the use of my broadband over pay a second time for internet connection. I have decided to wait for Halo 2 on PC. I spend several hours on a pc and maybe 1 hour a week on xbox. My first console was the Atari 2600, they come and go. But my computer hardware is always updated every two years. I can afford to wait for Halo2 on PC. It means another company besides Microsoft gets money. I get to check out other games and enjoy them. I belive Microsoft will release H2 for PC in a year or so. So Xbox'rs enjoy. But, pc'rs there are hundreds of games that xbox does not have. Let's go enjoy them also.
  • edited November 2004
    i under stand what u are saying but who would the royalty type fee go to (just look at grand thefe auto no loading times). even so microsoft lose money each time some one buys the xbox, i also found this in micro mart.
    edited November 2004
    Micks. I'm not understanding what you're saying. What does Grand Theft Auto load times have to do with the royalty fees associated with DVD technology?

You have to pay royalty fees on most any patented standard when you use it. That's how the guy/girl/group who was smart enough and took the time to develop such a technology makes his/her/their money from it.

And, yes. We all know that Microsoft loses money on their consoles. They've lost money on them from the beginning, so they could keep up with the Gamecube and PS2 prices. They make up for this in the price of their games and accessories.

Now, let me make myself perfectly clear. I have NOTHING against PCs. In fact, I have a pretty nice one that I play games on frequently. I also own a PS2 and Gamecube, so I'm not specific to the XBox either. The reason I'm arguing these points with you is that you're saying things, but presenting no proof. It's nothing against you either. I just can't stand when something gets bashed without knowledge of the subject.