Tourney scheduling help

2»

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Another point... since this is a friendly tourney... how about we rate ourselves. The really awesome guys are assigned to different teams so that we don't end up with two pros against 3 noobs... Heck, two pros verses 4 noobs would be interested.

Last year, SewerTrooper made all of us look like children in Rome: Age of Empires. But he saw that and penalized himself so it was a bit more fair. He also instructed several of us (even during the game) on better ways to use our troops. That made it more fun, we learned, and I was able to ALMOST beat him (with a slight handicap) by the end of the night!!!

Q, that is an AWESOME idea.

And by that description, SewerTroopr is the epitome of good sportsmanship. :rockon:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Thank you... I can teach you how to fly Choppers!!!!

In circles and into the ground....:D
    edited May 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Thank you... I can teach you how to fly Choppers!!!!
    In circles and into the ground....:D

I remember watching you fly last year. You did really well. I think you were the only one at last year's lan who could actually keep the thing in the air at all...
    edited May 2006
    Desert combat... I am not bad... BF2....

God never intended humans to fly and EA Games made darn sure that I couldn't. OK... I was able to fly and land (mostly) but had a hard time with detaled striffing and avoiding the serface to air missles.... {BOOM}
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I'm Fly... I'm Pilot... I can tear up the the Heli's in BF2 :)

Also I have no problem in helping out witht he RTS setup and rules....eww rules....
    edited May 2006
    I'm Fly... I'm Pilot... I can tear up the the Heli's in BF2 :)

Also I have no problem in helping out witht he RTS setup and rules....eww rules....

You're fly like Vanilla Ice? Sorry, I just couldn't help it... I don't think I've seen or heard anyone use the phrase "I'm fly" since the early '90s. :D
    edited May 2006
    I got that phase from Independence Day when they are looking for pilots and the old vietnam drunk says... "I'm Fly... I'm Pilot"
    edited May 2006
    I got that phase from Independence Day when they are looking for pilots and the old vietnam drunk says... "I'm Fly... I'm Pilot"

Oh yeah, I remember that now. I thought that line was hilarious!
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited May 2006
    Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70
    Dude you have no Idea who your talking to.... lol... I can't run a site (link removed cause site was terrible) like this and suck...
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I've seen other owners suck at what they do even though they run a website...

I hear you Q... I've known plenty of guys that had web sites regarding their passion and just blew big wind when it came to delivering the goods. I'm not saying Sledge is this guy, I'm just saying... well, I'll just leave it that.

Those that can, reign over those who can't. Those who can't, start a web site.
    edited May 2006
    I hate getting mired in details :)

Sounds just like a consultant :smiles:
    edited May 2006
    Well I guess I have something to prove! I will remember these comments when you’re begging to be on my team :)
    edited May 2006
    FYI... To all those that have websites, I was not singling out them or using them as examples. My fine website for my kids... well it sits dormant. So I am in no position to lay blame.
    edited May 2006
    Do all you ladies fold when the heat gets turned up? I haven't seen this much backpedalling since the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal :)
    edited May 2006
    oCoMiK wrote:
    Do all you ladies fold when the heat gets turned up? I haven't seen this much backpedalling since the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal :)

I fold all the damn time, and I'm proud of it!. :fold: