How Much do you Pay per Kilowatt Hour of Electricity?

2»

Comments

• Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited November 2006
    Daxx wrote:

Awesome!! Now I dont feel too stupid about paying 1/3rd of my folding farm computers on high efficiency PSUs!! :hiding::aol::nudge:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    ...I see those 1000w PSUs :wow2: available in the marked and I still can not understand, again, considering the high electricity operational costs, people still buying them.
    Bear in mind that any electrical power source will only supply the power demanded of it. The enormous capacity of those PSU's is there to provide an adequate reserve for the sake of stability.
    Something similar to the "8V SUV for going shopping" thing going on in America. :vimp:
    My SUV gets nearly 35mgp. ;)

(I have no idea how many megalometers a dinkilitre that converts to.) ;D
  • edited November 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Bear in mind that any electrical power source will only supply the power demanded of it. The enormous capacity of those PSU's is there to provide an adequate reserve for the sake of stability.
    But most likely, if you need a power supply of that caliber, your going to be sucking up some kilowatts. Stability is easy to achieve on a low end power supply unless you are running high end, power sucking gear. :wink:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    Daxx wrote:
    But most likely, if you need a power supply of that caliber, your going to be sucking up some kilowatts. Stability is easy to achieve on a low end power supply unless you are running high end, power sucking gear. :wink:
    True. Then again, how many dedicated Folding rigs do you see with four Hard Drives, a DVD Burner, and a Crossfire Video Card setup? :D
  • edited November 2006
    Power Supply Surcharges and Credits 0.9274¢ per kWh
    Delivery Surcharges and Credits 0.6824¢ per kWh
    First 17 kWh per day 4.531¢ per kWh
    Additional kWh 5.941¢ per kWh
    Distribution kWh 4.284¢ per kWh

So it comes out to around $0.10 per kwh for the first 17 kwh each day, and $0.12 for each additional kwh.

The air conditoner is on a seperate meter (if you sign up for the special service), and that costs:

June through October
    All kWh $0.08 per kwh (plus $2/month for service charge)
    November through May
    All kWh $0.06 per kWh
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Something similar to the "8V SUV for going shopping" thing going on in America. :vimp:

:D Mine uses electric...
    http://geeklimit.com/2006/05/09/i-drive-a-30k-80mph-166mpg-suv/
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    True. Then again, how many dedicated Folding rigs do you see with four Hard Drives, a DVD Burner, and a Crossfire Video Card setup? :D

erm...in general, or in these forums...? :D

In either case, a high-efficiency power supply will do wonders fo the power consumption. You can offset your electrical usage by using a few other tricks also:

CF's
    Thermostat

After doing both of these for my small 1100-sq.ft. townhouse, I could easily have a folding farm and have my bills be where they were before. (Instead, I have a 6000-watt charger for the car...so that kinda makes up for it...doh!)