object dock

edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
this is that little thing that mac os actually got right (and now macs have no advantage), the little scroll over icon bar. its at http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/ and its really customizable.

just thought id let everyone know about this nifty little thing

Comments

• SmiGDigSmiGDig Albany, NY
    edited June 2003
    i really like this thing

it works nicely, has a few different magnification modes besides the original one macs use, the new one actually works better i think. check it out if you wanna have a nice looking desktop.
    edited June 2003
    yes, i love this

i customixed it to remove the taskbar. then i put shortcuts to programs i need on it.. and i put a link to the start menu folder with all my links in it... so if i need a program thats not on the objectdock.. i load up the folder and browse to it liek my start menu.. now im gonna play aroudn with windowblinds to get a nice theme going
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    I like it :D

I dont think Id get shot of the taskbat though.

I keep my dock at the top of the screen.

mD
  • dNA3DdNA3D Brunei
    edited June 2003
    I've been using it for several months now and it's been working great. There are still several minor bugs still yet to be swatted, but bugs are bugs and they must go. Its a great program and should catch on rather quickly after its official release.
    edited June 2003
    yeah, the only problems i have with it are the fact that my taskbar often coems back after it is hidden, and winamp doesnt show up on it... i have to switch winamp to appear in taskbar, twice, and save in order for it to show up

idk, nice program tho
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Does anyone know how this program performs on multi monitor setups?

Just wondering because I dont want to install it on my main box if its going to be weird with multi monitors like some programs are.

mD
  • edited June 2003
    with multimonitor im pretty sure it would just show up on the main one
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by timinator

Cheers timinator, ill try it out.

mD
  • misanthropesmisanthropes North Carolina
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by timinator

yea it just shows up on the main monitor, but hopefully it will get dual monitor support soon
  • Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
    edited July 2003
    Does anyone know how I can add it to the list of startup items in msconfig?
  • edited July 2003
    just add a shortcut to the startup folder in the start menu