///SOLD///X2 4800+ selling

SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
edited October 2007 in Trading Post
Hey guys -

I've got an X2 4800+ with an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and a Zalman cpu cooler up for sale, preassembled.

Individually these parts still go for $310, so I'm entertaining offers around $150 + shipping of your choice as a bundle. Drop me a message or a PM if you're interested. Pickup/meeting is available as well, I'm in the northwest Houston area.

Thanks for checkin' it out.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    With a price like that... let's just say I wish I had $150 right now. ;)
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    This is oh so tempting...I'm looking to upgrade my whole system soon and wow if this isn't a deal.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited October 2007
    Are the cpu and mobo supposed to go together? If they are you might want to check the links..the cpu is socket AM2 and the mobo is 939 :eek:

If the cpu is 939 pm me with price and I'll most likely buy it :D
    might even buy the mobo..the only bad thing about it is the nb fan
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Oh right, I forgot they put out the 4800+ out in AM2 as well.

No, this is the first-gen 4800+, socket 939. The whole thing's going as a combo bundle, so the price is still as stands. Lemme know if you're interested.

Edited to point to the correct link... damn, that processor's worth even more ;) Might have to go up to 175 if there's a bidding war!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Edited to point to the correct link... damn, that processor's worth even more (wink) Might have to go up to 175 if there's a bidding war!
    I'll assume you were joking. Just a reminder, the seller must set a price. Of course, nothing wrong with '$XYZ or best offer.'
    edited October 2007
    I thought about coming back and clarifying. No, it was entirely a joke. Price is still $150.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Well, as the Trading Post Daddy, I just had to make sure.

Hope your sale goes well.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2007
    Wow, someone buy that already! :)

Good luck with your sale
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    OK yeah too good to pass up... I'm needing a new system. If it can wait till the 15th for an official word I'd like to get it with my upcoming paycheck. MO of course.

YGPM
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I'm looking for an X2. How much for the cpu alone?
    edited October 2007
    No charge, because it's not getting sold alone. Bundle only, sorry.
    edited October 2007
    I have that mobo :/ come on man please? :D
    edited October 2007
    Considering I've got a guy above you that already wants to buy the whole thing, no way. Sorry, haha. :)
    edited October 2007
    MJancaitis wrote:
    Considering I've got a guy above you that already wants to buy the whole thing, no way. Sorry, haha. :)

oh sorry, i didn't even realize that.
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Not to horn in on someone else's attempt to buy these goods, but I might also be interested in the combo. However, the one question that has not been asked is: What is the working condition of this combo? Has it been O'clked and damaged or hurt? The reason why I ask is your price is very good, if not downright cheap, for this hardware. Nearly the same used combo on ebay is bringing $100 more. So what is the condition of these pieces?
    edited October 2007
    I've never overclocked anything prior to my current setup. There's nothing wrong with the setup, to my knowledge, beyond the mobo being a tad dusty. The price is low because it's just sitting around my house, I want it to move, and I'm putting the money towards a new video card, and $150's really all I need to even myself out.

Of course if anybody buys it and they end up having problems with it, there's a refund, but when I took it out of my case, it was working, and I have no expectations otherwise.
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Put me in line behind RWB and Kanezfan as an interested buyer for the combo.
    Thx! BTW, the A8N series mobos had issues with the NB fan (been there). There was a fan revision from ASUS that could be had for free. Do you have the old or new fan revision? Personally, I have bypassed the NB fan problem before by going to a passive Zalman NB heatsink. Just curious about your NB cooling situation.
    edited October 2007
    Good question, I had forgotten about that. The original northbridge fan, after a while, started to have problems spinning up from a cold boot, but worked fine once it started spinning. I called Asus and got a replacement from them, and hadn't noticed the problem since. Personally, I like the passive idea, as it still is kind of whiny.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited October 2007
    Whats the deal on this? Still for sale?

If you decide to part it out, me and kanezfan can battle to the death for the cpu...
    edited October 2007
    Awaiting the money order from RWB, at which point I'll update the thread as sold. Thanks for the interest, though.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Ohh it's mine.... :D

BTW I might be able to pick it up, I'll be in Houston around the 28th ;) Seeing family in Pearland.
    edited October 2007
    Sold! Pearland's too far away anyway, you'll get it faster shipped. ;)

Thanks everybody.