Summer Goals

2»

Comments

• UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    My stamina has dropped since I had two surgeries on the bone tumor in my femur. I plan on getting that up to run a 5k in the summer with my step-dad. I need some upper body strength as well.

I also plan on making my high school soccer team. Couldn't last year because of my leg.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    My stamina has dropped since I had two surgeries on the bone tumor in my femur.
    Oy. :zombie: Glad you're doing better and working to regain that stamina.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I know what you mean about bad shoes.
    He isn't lying. They were horrific.
    edited April 2008
    Yeah man shin splints SUCKS. I need some new running shoes
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Basically lots of push ups, crunches and running.
    I don't want to get 'big' and don't really care about being strong because I don't need to whip anybody's ass. I'm mainly doing it for the self image thing. Just wanna get rid of my stomach and get some tone to my arms.

My entire body is skinny and tight when I flex except for my stomach area and but. it kinda sucks being so close, but having that. With any luck I'll be back down to a 30 inch waist by the end of summer. Just in time to attract to beautiful girls
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited April 2008
    35 pull ups!
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Nightwolf wrote:
    35 pull ups!

Damn dude, I tap out on pull-ups around 16 consecutive.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I used to be really sporty 2-3 years ago, then I broke my ankle in a wood while doing some scout activities about 3/4 of a mile away from the scout hut ¬_¬ That wasnt fun. I had to hop about half a mile then get dragged/crawl the remaining 1/4 mile from exhaustion... They thought it wasn't serious then popped by the next day to find me on crutches for 6 weeks :P After my ankle got better I never got back into sports, mainly because my stamina was so low I couldn't even keep up with friends when we went cycling... Now I am what I am today :P I'm going to be paying more attention to the fitness forums from now on, I finally want to change :D
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I need a good pair of running shoes and a good pair of (non-gaudy) basketball shoes. Anyone know of some shoes to get?
    edited April 2008
    Same as sharkydart
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I know someone else will say that, but with running shoes it really comes down to your individual needs. People with bad arches are going to need to look specifically at arch support. Got shin problems? Gonna wanna be careful about what kind of sole you're using. Ankles? Something 3/4 might actually do you better than a pair of straight runners.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/lp2/shoe-guide.html is a decent guide to get you started.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    An update on my progress:

I've dropped the running goal, decided it didn't really fit in with anything else I was doing. Otherwise:

Clean & Jerk: 175, was 160.
    Squat: 275, was 245 (real clean as well, I think I'll hit 300 before June is over actually)
    Bench: 200, was 175
    Deadlift: 365

365 was my previous max I pulled before spring break, but I screwed up my back running on the wrong shoes and it's taken me awhile to get back to it. I've pulled 365 for three weeks in a row now so there's more there.