Anyone know any c++?

Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
edited September 2008 in Science & Tech
Me and some friends started making some source mods, and the damned of it is; I know so little about coding that if I got a bad string or something, I'd panic and blow my computer up.

But I'm the coder. Guess that means we're screwed?

If anyone here knows any c, or just willing to give me some advice, I'd appreciate it, even if it's just some morale boosting.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2008
    Your computer won't blow up - get a C++ for dummies as a start to learn what your doing. It's a fantastic ref guide.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2008
    I didn't say the code would, I will. But thanks for the info. Might have to see if that's in the budget.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I'm sure you can Google for a free tutorial online.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I know java the same object concepts carry over and I can read C++ well enough to understand it.....for memory clean up you are on your own there ahahaha Java and its fat booty/no more physical memory.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Aye, I know a good amount of BASIC and I'm learning C++ now, so I think I can help ya if you need it.
  • JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited September 2008
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    This entire forum has been pretty good about answering coding questions. If you find something you're not sure about or need some sort of explanation, go ahead and post. I don't thing Icrontic has had a dis-satisfied customer yet.