Roll Call

2»

Comments

• edited February 2009
    :mean:... but i have found a nice 9c with 100% wheat bonus :D what co-ords are you? im at -86 46.
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited February 2009
    I've found a nice 15c with 75% in our 7x7. Eat that ;)

• LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited February 2009
    I think I've read somewhere, that the best option to get troops is to choose "Market", then NPC the res you get for completing it. You get more res for completing Market, so get more troops!

Have to be willing to use some Gold though... and don't hold me to it, someone else can check the maths :)
  • edited February 2009
    im going gaul.... i was thinking i get clay fields at 3/2/2/2 wood at 2/2/2/2 iron at2/2/2/1 wheat at 2/1/1/1 then go for TT's what do you think?
    edited February 2009
    did the people who did the math check that the extra res you get is more than the extra cost of buying a market, granary and warehouse?

I'll check it now, nothing better to do tbh.

You gain 2180 resources from the MILITARY rewards (ignoring costs of building) and 1950 from ECONOMY

ECONOMY's buildings cost 1030
    MILITARY buildings costs 1160 (+ 2 troops, for roman:880 gaul:630 teuton:500)

This gives a res gain of 920 for ECONOMY and for MILITARY roman: 140 gaul: 390 teuton: 520

HOWEVER:
    If you go economy then you're going to have to also gather 1660-2040 resources (depending on tribe) in order to also make troops, even though you're going to eventually make a market etc with military, you can raid faster and build up 1030 resources for those.

Better thought process: whichever route you choose will have the same costs in the end, but military gives higher resource reward, so it's better for NPC.
    And faster to get raiding troops, duh.
    edited February 2009
    Hope so.... cos I've gone with that!

Let me know if it was a mistake, and how bad of one :D
    edited February 2009
    HOWEVER... military route means that you don't have NPC for a while and...

**** it. It makes little noticable difference.
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, well, I'm guessing the quest system will have most of the farms over-flowing with wheat and iron... so NPC'll, and therefore Market, will be pretty handy :)

6 Mace queued and 9.5hours to spare... BP on day1's a bit of a pain :D !
  • edited February 2009
    wow 6 mace!. so you are saying to chose military get a granary/warehouse and market then npc?
    edited February 2009
    Like Muffin says, it makes little difference in the end I think!

I chose Economy, built the warehouse / granary and market.... got a heap or resources (mainly iron) which I NPC'd to build a RP and Barracks and 6 mace.

I'm NOT going to to the "Everything to Level 2" Quest... just plough all my resources into troops and live the Teutonic-Icrontic life :) ...

... mace #7 in 20mins :)
  • edited February 2009
    but... you have no one to raid yet because of BP
    edited February 2009
    Yeah.... I've changed strategy :D ... who'd have thought it could be this complicated having 1 Village and no-one to raid!

I'm now selling wood/clay for wheat 1:2 on the market :) ... seeing as I'll need an NPC tomorrow morning anyway, might as well maximise my returns ;)

EDIT: Haha! A buyer! Wish I'd done this before I trained all those mace!
  • edited February 2009
    Im still waiting for the rat to come... I think im gonna go economy and get the market...
    edited February 2009
    I think it'd make sense for people to start posting their usernames on this page so we can all locate one another.
    Myself and Middge are Invisble-Middge (don't look too close, you'll see the typo)
  • edited February 2009
    im tttooommm10.... are we going to be making a base/outpost/stronghold?
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I'm at -34, 103. Registered as CyrixInstead the Gaul :)

~Cyrix
    edited February 2009
    I've started an account under the name of "Darwin" with a Village at (-60 | 52)...

All kicks off for me at 11.40am when the bps in my 7x7 end... 30 mace at the ready :)
  • topcidtopcid UK
    edited February 2009
    Lambo - just IGM'd you

You've done well for yourself since 11.13 am yesterday

TC