2»

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Mario Paint?

-Bobby
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Similar to UPSLynx I don't play much multiplayer RTS. I actually like to play the campaigns. As such, the whole making me buy the same game 3 times is a real FU to people like me.
  • edited January 2010
    for those who are not willing to pay $49.99 for a quality game like SC that has lifespan of 10+years, get a life man. stop wasting your money on cracks or cocaine or even your beers. Why can't you value developers a bit more?? They need money to eat too. $49.99 for a game that lasts even only a year is like $49.99/360 = 13cents/day. you save 13cents a day from today for a year and next year you can get your game!!. Please... gimme a break!!
    edited January 2010
    I know it's a mistake to engage the animals.... I mean guests... er, trolls... whatever, here I go being dumb anyway.

I'm more than willing to pay 49.99 for a game (and I do quite often). What I'm not willing to do is pay 49.99 three times over just to get one full game. Furthermore, I don't think we need to worry about the StarCraft developers. I think they're doing just fine. The original sold 9.5 million copies worldwide. Assuming the average price paid was 29.99 per copy (considering that the battle chest still goes for over 20 dollars a copy I'd say that's a fair number) that works out to 284.905 million dollars. That buys a lot of Cheetos and Mountain Dew. Them expecting me to shell out for three "installments" of the same game is ludicrous. Especially with the LAN play stripped out.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    cracks or even your beers.
    edited January 2010
    It's hilarious that the guy would accuse me of doing cocaine, crack or drinking beer. He struck out on that one since I don't do drugs and I HATE beer. He should have told me to lay off the Sailor Jerry, but I could never do that. I just can't quit the Sailor.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    The original sold 9.5 million copies worldwide. Assuming the average price paid was 29.99 per copy (considering that the battle chest still goes for over 20 dollars a copy I'd say that's a fair number) that works out to 284.905 million dollars.
    I still remember buying the battle chest and at the time (1998/1999) it was $50+.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Wait, you bought a game?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    TBH that was the first pirated game I played. I even stole a serial key at Sam's Club. Once I annoyed my dad enough I got him to buy me the battle chest.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited January 2010
    cheappeople's post stressed me out.. *sigh Looks like I picked a bad week to quit heroin...