ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I guess no love for the G1 then.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    The only love the G1 needs is the love of Cyanogen. Just make sure you don't turn Compcache on (that seems to be what was bogging my G1 down the past few weeks)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I agree. If you have a G1, and you're not running Cyanogen, ur doin' it rong
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I have Cyanogen mod on my G1, I just thought it could be cool to get the sense ui as well. It seems like cyanogen is focused on the nexus one lately though. It will be nice if we can get 2.1 on the G1.
  • edited January 2010
    I just want to note that this was a forced update. Anyone that had cyanogenmod installed had to restore to factory and update to get data service back.
    edited January 2010
    Guna have to disagree with you there MD. One of my coworkers has the MyTouch, he has not gotten the SenseUI via OTA update and his data plan is still working just fine.
  • lunchb0xlunchb0x Lansing, MI New
    edited January 2010
    Links or it didn't happen. I've got a MyTouch that isn't running Sense and I still have data and all that jazz
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    I read somewhere (I think it was one of Thrax's prior articles) the G1 doesn't have enough ROM space for a 2.1 update.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    A friend of Jackie's has a MyTouch that hadn't been updated to Sense, and it continued to work just fine.

In other news, Android 2.1 can't fit on the G1 without one of two (or both) changes: Extensive modifications (read: removed features) to the Android 2.1 ROM, or the G1's ROM space gets repartitioned to accommodate 2.1, thereby destroying all user data in the process.
    edited February 2010
    Of course they could probably do some slick backing up and restoring if they went the repartitioning route. Provided, of course, that there is enough free space on the SD card to dump a backup to. Just throwing that out there.
  • Cam
    edited February 2010
    Well I was using open enclair, and right now its not all that great on the MyTouch. A good rom to look into would be Htcclay FasTest 3G