HTC Droid Incredible shipping today

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited May 2010 in Science & Tech

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I may have to go to the Verizon store and see this phone myself. Still not sure about the lack of hardware keyboard.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I'm in the same boat about the hardware keyboard...but damn does it look like a snazzy phone.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    lol, 2 of these in my office already.
  • jpparker88jpparker88 Lancaster, CA
    edited April 2010
    my contract is up today...wonder if my store has one. but it looks a lot like the htc hd2 on tmobile.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I dropped in the Verizon store to check it out this evening. I think that this will be my next phone.
  • wpeltolawpeltola Indiana
    edited April 2010
    That's actually pretty nice! This is a phone I'd be willing to retire my Blackberry Storm for.
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I'm with the people who can't get over not having a hardware keyboard yet.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I've been without a hardware keyboard since I got my LG Dare almost two years ago now, and I'm used to it. I tried the keyboard on the the incredible, and it's jusr about the same as the one I've been using.

I didn't like how fingerprinty the screen was, but a good scratchguard thing will fix that.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Or a simple wipe every once in a while. On my Desire, it's not particularly endearing when the screen's off, but when it's one, you can't even see the prints all over it.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    After having the Nexus One for about a month, I can honestly say that it's rare when I find myself missing a hardware keyboard. The screen is so large that the touch keyboard is very useful and the auto-correct handles 99% of my mistaps with ease. I'd suggest that reluctant soft keyboarders at least check out a demo phone, you might be surprised.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    ^ I had the same experience with the Moto Droid.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    As for the software keyboard, HTC has been lauded for a long time in putting together the best in the business. Even to the point at which people started repackaging the .apk for other non-HTC android devices.
  • edited May 2010
    a powerful device like this can make me forget everything i want in a phone, act brand new like i have never had a phone!!!lol