Hacked

MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Gaming
Apparently my account was hacked with the whole 3 days of game time left on it. Please just demote me for the time being.

Comments

• SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited June 2010
    Wow, what the shit, that's 3 people now?
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Mine got hit Thurs or Fri also. 5/27- 5/28. Cleaned out and sold everything- Bank/gold/inventory. I ran all anti virus/keylogger/trojan etc programs. Nothing.
    Changed all my passwords and they got on my account last night and were spamming/selling as far as I canfigure from the wow message I read this morning.
    That got a 3hr suspension last night. But, I wasn't on anyway.
    Then I changed the password again and was in the game when I got disconnected.
    When I tried to log back on, it told me the account was permanently closed.
    I had 20 days left on the account. WOW just closed it and banned it.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Hawk,

Call Blizzard, they will reinstate everything and give you the account back.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Hawk wrote:
    Mine got hit Thurs or Fri also. 5/27- 5/28. Cleaned out and sold everything- Bank/gold/inventory. I ran all anti virus/keylogger/trojan etc programs. Nothing.
    Changed all my passwords and they got on my account last night and were spamming/selling as far as I canfigure from the wow message I read this morning.
    That got a 3hr suspension last night. But, I wasn't on anyway.
    Then I changed the password again and was in the game when I got disconnected.
    When I tried to log back on, it told me the account was permanently closed.
    I had 20 days left on the account. WOW just closed it and banned it.

Same thing happened to me. They ban you because they see that the chinese IP is trying to connect with your account. Call them and they will lift the ban.

There must be something that anti spyware and virus software hasnt picked up on yet because my computer comes up clean as well. Best bet is to reformat and start fresh.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Authenticator ftw! stop buying gold you silly kids :)
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Even though I don't play anymore, this happened to me a number of times. Everytime my system was clean, locked down and I used a completely unique password just for that account, yet I still got my account stolen. One of the reasons I no longer play.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Authenticator ftw! stop buying gold you silly kids :)

Authenticators are hacked just as easily as an unprotected account. It's very simple.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I DO NOT buy gold for WOW.
    And after buying WOW & Burning Crusade--$45. The Lich King--$45. Plus $77 for 6 mnths of play X 2.
    I'm not going to buy an authenticator to secure an account that is being hacked at their end just to find out it doesn't work.
    I have a password generator that can generate up to 64 chars.
    I uninstalled anything to do with wow.
    Ran a bunch of scans with different anti virus programs, keyloggers, malware programs etc.
    Re-installed and changed all my passwords for WOW, Email, etc.
    Reformating my whole HD and starting fresh is out of the question.
    I have Win XP & Win 7 dual boot on the HD.
    Took me 8-10 hrs just to get wow with the 3 expansion packs installed and DL all the patches, set all the game keys, action bars, Curse & addons, etc.
    Addons I use are bagnon, quest helper, gear score, recount, cartographer,and bartender4.
    I'm going to call them today and see what I can get solved.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Some of those addons connect to external servers, might be a backdoor into your system that isn't being detected because the permissions for WoW are already in place.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'll try unloading all of them if I get my account back.
    Ryder, You use Curse don't you?
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I use all of those currently (save bagnon which I have used before). Never had a problem.
  • doozerdoozer Florida Member
    edited June 2010
    Authenticator deters gold spammers from actually spending time to get into your account, plus it's free. I was hacked back in November and quit the game for a good 4 or 5 months only to come crawling back, I put an authenticator on my account for good measure, it seems to be a win-win so far.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Battle.net Authenticator = $6.50
    And that doesn't guarantee you're account won't be compromised.
    Still haven't got my account unlocked.
    They sent me an email stating my inventory,bank and gold were restored.
    Still can't log into the game.
    Tried calling and you get a recorded message telling you the accounts management can't help you retrieve locked or permanently closed accounts.
    It's still permanently banned/locked, whatever.
    Lot of money wasted on that game.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Hawk wrote:
    Still haven't got my account unlocked.
    They sent me an email stating my inventory,bank and gold were restored.
    Still can't log into the game.
    Tried calling and you get a recorded message telling you the accounts management can't help you retrieve locked or permanently closed accounts.
    It's still permanently banned/locked, whatever.
    Lot of money wasted on that game.

Yes, heres a Pro Tip. Call blizzard account support. Opt to go thru their automated help system. Listen to all the options and select the option at the end that nothing in the system matches your issue (this sends you higher in the caller cue than people who do not use it). You have to talk to an actual person to get this resolved.

Hold time can be an hour plus, but if you want your account unlocked this is your option.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Yep,
    Went through all the different automated options. Tried each one. lol
    It said they were having a very large number of calls and couldn't answer live.
    No worries though.
    They finally sent me an email saying my password was changed again.
    And to go into the account and change it to a secure password.
    I did and got the account back. They also gave me 14 days back on the account.
    That's what I lost in time.
    I change my password with a high security password generator every few days now.
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited June 2010
    Hawk wrote:
    The annoying thing is I got mine a week or so before the price drop went into effect. :(

Where do you get your AddOns from, by the way? If it's Curse, do you use their downloader? I'm pretty sure one of those was part of the problem a while back.
  • ledbetterledbetter Chattanooga, TN
    edited June 2010
    Not all that relevant, but still funny: