My PC With WIN XP Pro has crashed.Observations as under:
1. Before crashing...it made strange (sexy some what !)sounds...and flashed message that
"Your computer has been f***kked"....abusive language used !!!
2. NTOSKRNL missing after reboot.
3. I tried to boot PC though a Bootable floppy
4. Unable to transit from Drive A (Floppy) to Drive C
5.Booted the system through an ERD Commander CD and checked.
6.Found Sysinfoserv.exe , Ghostmp3 9sexy in MSOcache on C;Drive
7. Also found MYRVC.exe in Sys32 directory
8.I removed sysinfo and myrvc files.
9.copied NTSOKRNL from a healthy system and transferred to my affected system in the ERC Commander environment
10. After reboot through floppy,still no trace of C: drive.
11. Nor the system is booting on its own.(Now there is no msg that NTOSKRNL is missing)
12.NTLDR, NTDETECT, boot.ini are all in place
12.Tried Repair option (R),using WIN XP OS CD
13, Tried and successfully reconstructed boot.ini (after backing up original boot.ini) as described by some one in this forum.(Repairing XP in Eight Commands).
14.Still no use, My C Drive is still not accessible after reboot through floppy.
Well how to proceed further. Matter urgent. I dont wnt to format and re install windows for the time being.
Any help please ??