The simple pleasures of the NZXT Source 220

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Science & Tech

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I like the looks... simple but still has features I like.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Jiminy Christmas, this chassis is a great example of everything that is wrong with current chassis design trends. Ugh.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Simple, cheap, decent airflow, good cable management. Nice case for the price.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Really like the simple looks but at almost £50 there's no way I'd buy one.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Man, it's so much more expensive in the UK :(
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    RyanMM wrote:
    Jiminy Christmas, this chassis is a great example of everything that is wrong with current chassis design trends. Ugh.

Are you talking about looks? Functionality? Features?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    You can get the NZXT Source 210 (same exact case minus one 140mm fan and USB3.0) for $30

I have one (210), best $30 case there is. Better than the Antec 300 which sells for 2x the price.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Greg, where are you seeing $30?

Newegg has it for $40...
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Greg, where are you seeing $30?

Newegg has it for $40...

http://www.directron.com/nts210b.html?gsear=1

which also offers USPS shipping, unlike that egg place :cool2:
  • Tim
    edited December 2011
    Looks like a good case for my next gaming PC build in the spring, after Ivy Bridge and 7000 series GPUs come out.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Ooh... this looks like a candidate for my home server rebuild.
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Perfect choice for the computer I'm building for my mother's Christmas present... Thanks for the heads up!
    edited December 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    You can get the NZXT Source 210 (same exact case minus one 140mm fan and USB3.0) for $30

I have one (210), best $30 case there is. Better than the Antec 300 which sells for 2x the price.

I recently bought the 210 and just installed all of the components for my mother's Christmas present. It is a simple case, but had all the things I needed. The enclosure doesn't feel cheap at all and it came with enough screws to install everything I needed.

The only drawback (and it's not much of one) was that of the 7 fan installation locations, only one of these were able to install a 95 mm fan. This probably isn't too much of an issue for most people, but I had a 95 laying around and decided to throw it in instead of throwing it away. The only location for this fan was the rear panel and so I had to move the pre-placed fan somewhere else. This meant I had to cut some zip ties and re-route the wiring for the fan. No big deal though.

All in all, I like the 210 alot and will probably look at one of these cases (the 210 or 220) for my next bargain computer build. Thanks for the heads up, guys!
    edited December 2011
    I recently bought the 210 and just installed all of the components for my mother's Christmas present.

And does it work? :D
    edited December 2011
    QCH wrote:
    And does it work? :D

Of course it works... I was taught by the bestest computer fixers that I know.
    edited December 2011
    Of course it works... I was taught by the bestest computer fixers that I know.
    You called Big Dave? ;D