[BLOG] Hi!

wthwwwthww Terre Haute, Indiana
edited November -1 in Community
I fade in and out of the web, and I feel bad about it. I think I may try and make my presence a little more stable; I feel as tho Icrontic is awesome enough to be regular on, I've just gotta put some effort into it.

I'm interested in all kinds of things, form any tech to music; all kinds of tech, all kings of music. I have a special love in my heart for outdated hardware, and have a small collection as such.

I tend to cater to the unix side of things. I love the hardware design and the aesthetics of the machines. I find designs such as those used by Sun absoultely gorgeous; the lines, the colors... amazing. I also love Solaris. In my eyes, it is exactly what a unix based operating system should be, and then some.

I also have a special place for 68k hardware. That is, hardware based on the Motorola 680x0 line of processors. This includes computing products from companies such as Apple, Amiga, NeXT, Sun, and many others. My personal favorite for aesthetics would have to be NeXT. The hard lines, the exceedingly simple geometric shapes -- I love them.

I'm a huge geek; my interest vary widely enough its hard to stay focused. One week I may be harcore into vintage gaming systems and the next into obscure techno.

My current main machine is a Lenovo ThinkPad X200. It is the best computer I have ever, ever had. Lenovo's support is A+, as is their products.

Anyways, this a vague intro into what I hope will be an at least weekly posting routine, including pictures!

Sorry for being gone so sporadically,
Tyler

Comments

• Tyler,

I moved around from forum to forum for a long time and have decided to plant my flag into the Icrontic soil this year.

For the depth of the community, the diversity of the content, its simply better here.

My knowledge of classic hardware (I guess classic being pre Windows 95), is sparse at best, I look forward to seeing what you have to post.