HP EliteBook 8760W review

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Science & Tech

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    That review makes me drool, but the price makes me shudder in dismay - although it would appear that HP has earned the right to charge that much with what it has. Are the screens/panels on the 6740 and 6780 17 inchers (17.3" proabably if so)?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    17.3", yes.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    OK, now if HP were to take holiday discounts of say $1500 off a pre-customed upgraded bundle that is usually about $3000, they might sell a bunch. Would the volume make it worthwhile for them??? That is what Lenovo is doing with its holiday sale coupon that takes about $1100 off.

John.
  • VicarVicar Icrontian
    I doubt HP will reduce the cost, current minimum price is still $3k plus. It looks like a good well made machine.
  • Perhaps even more importantly, does your "old" 8740 need a new home?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Perhaps even more importantly, does your "old" 8740 need a new home?
    Alas, the new hotness must be sent back, so I'm thinking that old boy still has a home at IC. ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Hi @Vicar! Long time no see!

@Ghoosdum unfortunately yeah, I have to send it back :(
  • So will this one be given away? Can I has? I got cheated out of the 8740 giveaway for some "winning" video that was so lame I couldn't even stand to finish watching it.

One flaw in this laptop, which is in just about every laptop I have ever seen, is that the air intake is on the BOTTOM of the case. These laptop "engineers" really need to get it right. Put the air intake on the TOP of the case, between the keyboard and monitor hinge area! Forget aesthetics, this thing needs to function! It can still have the bottom intake, it just should not be limited to only having that one.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    So will this one be given away? Can I has?
    Alas, the new hotness must be sent back
    I have to send it back :(
    I'm gonna go with 'no'.