XBMC 11.0 released

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited March 2012 in Science & Tech

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I installed Sunday morning with hardly a hitch; only hitch was solved by a graphics driver update. Some of your favorite skins have been updated as well; never a fan of Confluence, the new version of Aeon Nox has added even more customizability, and is as beautiful as always.

The Featured activity is a great idea I liked - it'll show you the videos you currently have in progress, the most recently-added TV or movies, etc. Kind of a neat hub.

Overall, it feels a little faster switching through activities, but beyond that, it's still the XBMC I know and love.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    It's great. I installed it over the weekend. Scraping is a lot easier to do, although not perfect. @Snarkasm, I agree with you about speed. Definitely feels snappier. How are you running it, on Linux, Windows?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    I'm running it on an old lenovo t50 laptop. Nothing special and it's definitely an improvement in the speed dept from the last version.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Win 7 on a GA-E350N-USB3 mobo and Vertex 3 SSD here. Great little box.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    WinXP on a Zotac mini-ITX board with a 2TB drive and 4GB of RAM. I am utilizing my company's metal manufacturing facilities to build a custom enclosure. Well, not so much an enclosure as a bracket with a 170mm fan blowing air across the whole shebang.
  • Put it up on my main PC and atv2 yesterday. Running good, the sql databases updated OK, which is nice to see from a new version. Overall pretty happy with it.

I do see a speed improvement on the atv2, as well as a crash fix when using the remote app from an ios device.

Good work.