pl_badwater
cp_gravelpit
arena_offblast_final
ctf_2fort
pl_upward
koth_badlands
arena_badlands
rd_asteroid

5/13 9am - Moved a couple maps to mix up the game modes.

I placed the maps (official maps at least for this week) in the order they were nominated in the League of Extraordinary Icrontians Map Nomination Thread and ran it through random.org. The above is what came out.

Order is open for discussion.

For future weeks (read "with more notice") we'll get in some non official maps.

-Digi

Comments

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian
    edited May 2015

I suggest changing the order so we don't play two maps of the same type in a row. Goldrush followed by hoodoo is just killer IMO two three stage PLs in a row. Gets kinda boring.

Also cashworks was nominated and I do believe thats an official map.
    edit: it is not.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Cashworks is so good.

• SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited May 2015

Does it still break the server though? Not as in everyone leaves, but as in the server spazs and kicks everyone out.

_k

I'm hoping that the _final version will not. No big deal though; we'll just let everybody know to expect maybe a crash and then we'll start a new round on another map if it does.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

DEGROOTKEEP

oni_dels
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian

I don't have a map opinion, but just a suggestion. If there is a map required for download from the server, can we have the server run that map until we start tonight? That way I could hop in and download it this afternoon.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@primesuspect @Karma We'll give custom maps a shot next week. I'll move the maps around a bit this week to mix up the game types.

@GnomeQueen No! Or maybe yes if you nominate it.

@PirateNinja We are doing official maps this week because of short notice. We'll give custom maps a shot next week but we will put up a map pack that players can download and install before League so they are ready to roll.

-Digi

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I NOMINATE DEGROOTKEEP

oni_dels
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Last time we attempted to play cashworks the server kicked everyone when the bomb was headed down the switch back. I don't remember what version it was but I assume it is the same as what is present currently, @primesuspect was on the server with a few of us when this took place.

That being said if someone wants to run through a map/maps before everything starts to make sure they load up and you can play through I have time after 5pm CST.

Pretty sure we've never tried CrashWorks_final (lol). I think we had 3 on the server.

Either way, agree with @BobbyDigi that we shouldn't use League night to test non-official maps. We can try it out on an off day :)

I'll add throwing a shit ton of custom maps onto the server to my list of things to take care of.

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    DEGROOTKEEP

@GnomeQueen said:
    I NOMINATE DEGROOTKEEP

listen to The Queen, she knows what's up.

GnomeQueen
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited May 2015

also, how about that one map with that objective no one pays attention to?

@oni_dels said:
    also, how about that one map with that objective no one pays attention to?

Offblast is already on the list.

-Digi

oni_dels

Thoughts to stir opinions for future weeks:

I am considering removing maps that were played from the next weeks rotation. This will keep each week unique.

We will need to do a custom map test night before running any maps that even may cause an issue during league night. Perhaps Monday night? Tuesday night? Maybe an hour or two just to run a round or two on each map to make sure the map itself does not crash/kick folks.

What's your thoughts on custom maps (Maybe 1 a week thrown in as a surprise) that everyone may/may not have played before being thrown into the mix? (Don't worry about the downloads, this would be covered by the map pack that would be available in advance)

-Digi

Removing maps means you just burned out a lot of the big draw maps. Some of the big maps should never be pulled since everyone loves playing them so much, a week cool down might work. Rando/Custom maps that are weird could be thrown in early or late so you don't hit the full server with a flop map.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

My opinion on the topic as a whole:
    As someone who is relatively new to TF2 compared to most of you, I would LOVE to really try maps I have only played once or twice on or maybe not even seen (Snakewater, Yukon, Freight, Standin, Fastlane, tons of custom maps I'm sure). I was considering that I stop playing altogether and the dull map rotation was part of my reasoning. Certain maps may be tried-and-true but they get boring relatively quick when they are the only set played (most of what is in the above list. There are other settings then desert.)

On BobbyDigi's previous post:
    I support the map removal scenario, but only if it's temporary which I would imagine is the actual plan just not stated so. That would run out real quick otherwise.

Something like, if we played maps A, B, C, & F one week, then next week we get maps E, G, K, & L, then on week 3 we get maps B, F, I, & J.

I'd love to play custom maps as well so long a they are provided before hand so people can get ready before hand, which is already a set plan so yeah more power to that.

My big question is if this would actually work since "different" maps have been a negative in the past for what seems like most regular players? If one was selected, then it was quickly voted to change the map or leave people left otherwise, which takes out anywhere from a quarter to half of the server, and thus the server dies shortly after.

I remember one time people actually heard me and wanted to try out one of the recently added official maps. We load it up next and when we got there, people gave it a minute or so and it quickly went downhill from there.

I suppose the main thing is people come to this game night wanting to play something familiar with friends more then expanding upon the game, and learning a new map is counter-intuitive to that for them. That and most people seem to prefer payload and capture points more then the other game modes. And there is nothing wrong with those sentiments. I just want to experience more when I know there is more to experience, preferably with friends.

edited May 2015

Lesson learned last week: No Arena

Week 10 Maps: Haven't played these in a while

cp_yukon_final
    pl_upward
    cp_freight_final1
    ctf_convoy_v2
    pl_swiftwater_ugc
    ctf_moonwalk
    cp_snakewater_final1
    ctf_snofort_final
    pl_cashworks_final1
    rd_asteroid
    koth_badlands

A map pack is available here so you can pre-install Convoy, Swiftwater, Moonwalk, Snofort and Cashworks.

@primesuspect We couldn't find "Snowfort",

-Digi

Garg
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

primesuspect We couldn't find "Snowfort",

-Digi

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Coldfront

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

?

edited May 2015

Both of those are dead links @primesuspect

Edit: @BobbyDigi found it so we are a go.

edited May 2015

For future reference, I found it Here

-Digi

primesuspect
    edited May 2015

So I think we pulled off a successful night with some custom maps. We'll go back to officials next week, maybe give a couple more customs a shot the week after. For now this is our map pool;

Official:
    pl_goldrush
    cp_badlands
    pl_hoodoo_final
    cp_dustbowl
    pl_badwater
    cp_gravelpit
    ctf_2fort
    pl_upward
    koth_badlands
    rd_asteroid
    cp_yukon_final
    pl_upward
    cp_freight_final1
    cp_snakewater_final1
    koth_badlands
    cp_degrootkeep
    cp_steel
    cp_gorge
    koth_lakeside_final
    koth_harvest_final
    koth_viaduct
    cp_process_final
    cp_standin_final
    cp_mountainlab
    sd_doomsday

Customs:
    ctf_convoy_v2
    pl_swiftwater_ugc
    ctf_snofort_final
    pl_cashworks_final1
    ctf_moonwalk_v2

Feel free to nominate more, we'll generate the list for next Wed around Monday.

-Digi

edited May 2015

Goddamnit. Here's a screenshot.

BobbyDigiGnomeQueen

Maps for 5/27: Back to officials

cp_standin_final
    koth_badlands
    cp_gorge
    koth_harvest_final
    sd_doomsday
    cp_process_final
    koth_viaduct
    cp_degrootkeep
    koth_lakeside_final
    cp_mountainlab
    cp_steel

Remember to nominate any maps you want to see played in the Map Nomination Thread and feel free to give your thoughts on the current maps here.

-Digi

• SignalSignal Icrontian

No payloads this week?

_k

Indeed. Basically going in order by nomination. All the PL maps got nominated and played in the last few weeks, these are basically the remaining + others that got nominated in the last week. After this week, the plan is to shuffle all of the maps (minus this weeks maps) and go with 10-12 random picks from there.

-Digi

I like this. We play a huge amount of PL maps because they are fun for both sides but getting back to cp and koth is a good thing. Seems harder to roll on these and helps build skills easier.

We play a huge amount of payload because that's what most people enjoy the best.

CP maps get frustrating and people quit early because turtling.