New Years Resolutions 2015

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN Icrontian
edited December 2014 in Lifestyle

So, new year, time to tell 2014 to piss off and welcome a new year. And as such come the customary resolutions that we all make but never get around to. Here's mine;

1.Attend more conventions

2.Be more tolerant of idiots

3.MOVE OUT!!!!!!!!!! (Yes the emphasis is needed)

4.A better job, in doors, where I don't have to awkwardly stammer in a language I barely know.

Cliff_Forster

Comments

• I hate being cliche but I really, really need to get fit. My body is a soft puddle of goo.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

I got a list similar to @Creeperbane2‌'s

1. Lose weight/get fit/go to the gym
    2. Get a better (paying) job that I enjoy
    3. Move out on my own
    4. Travel back to England for a visit
    Creeperbane2
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

im not usually a new years resolution person, but i was thinking i need to start running again...so, that.

• BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

Not really resolutions:
    1. Keep Running (once my foot is healed) I have my eye on a a couple more half marathons at least this year.
    2. Finish the side table project that I haven't started yet.
    3. Finish reupholstering the dining room set.

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2015

1) Also the cliché get in better shape... I want to not get out of breath when Joe and I hike next Summer. I need to really kick my ass into gear and get rid of my beer gut.

2) work goals

3) Save money, but also do and see epic things (buy less things. travel more. See beautiful places)

4) read more. And create more.

5) be more organized

6) Be kind to everyone.

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

to all those who have stated they want to get in better shape, might i make a couple of suggestion(which i plan on following myself.) these all pertain to running, but they really make it more enjoyable.

1. find the nearest high school or college, and use their oval track if you have knee problems. the soft material they use id very forgiving.
    2. music is very important for most people, but a lotof people dont realize that the cadence of the music is important (you will subconsciously follow the intensity of the music). too fast and youll kill yourself, too slow and youll get bored easily.
    3. TRACK YOUR MILEAGE! nothing bolsters a competitive spirit like a mileage tracker. group trackers and goals are even better.
    4. learn to pace yourself...a reasonable pace for 6 miles is better than a haulass pace for 1 or 2.
    5. you are not jogging...no matter what pace you keep. i know it sounds silly, but as long as you arent walking(interval training aside) you are running, and thinking of it as running is far more fulfilling than jogging(with a soft j)

these are the simple things that will make your attempt at running far more successful (at least they have for me). for more technique advice, runners world is a great source.

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    1. cut back on the donuts in favor of fruit in the morning.
    2. be an awesome dad!
    3. save 10k in cash by end of year
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Fix my knee and get back to squatting.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

Looks like I am not the only one that needs to fix my knee. I have put off replacement surgery for too long.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

One belt test, minimum.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Pet more pugs.

UPSLynxCreeperbane2
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    Pet more pugs.

BUG THE PUG

GnomeQueen
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I'm not really good at goal setting, and resolutions haven't really meant much to me over time. If anything, I just want to get my car paid off this year, keep on runnin', and maybe for once, break my employment record of holding the same job for 1.5 years for the first time since working at WNDU. I'm on track for all three!

Creeperbane2
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@primesuspect I think maybe you should just shoot for 3 or 4 of those given your current raiding schedule.

colaGnomeQueenHeroUPSLynx
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

Get my cone honed more often. Mebs, mebs!

primesuspect
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Before exams hit I was working out regularly alongside my father @Alberio (We're gym buddies, helps when you're answerable to someone else) other than restarting that I suppose eating better because it doesn't matter if I exercise if I continue to eat garbage, thankfully the kitchen is functional again and I can start the day with two eggs instead of buying breakfast at Timmy's.

Other than that:
    -Start reading more, use computer less.
    -Get back into my Warhammer hobby, it's fun and it feels nice to create something physical
    -Fix sleep schedule, I'd enjoy getting more than 4 hours of sleep a day

• Grow mustache
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

2017 NY Resolution-- Spread germs to my closest friends and co-workers >:D

WagsFTW
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    2017 NY Resolution-- Spread germs to my closest friends and co-workers >:D

NAILED IT

GnomeQueenWagsFTW
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

@GnomeWizardd said:
    1. cut back on the donuts fruit in favor of fruit donuts in the morning.

FTFY.

ardichoke
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited January 2017

Go to more races (Will make thread about that later).

Spend more time with friends.

Learn to shoot.