Last minute snow trip? - canceled!

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited March 2020 in Events

EDIT: canceled due to COVID-19 concerns. Don't get sick, friends.

Howdy y'all, your friendly IC Jon Snow trip organizer here. I'm in possession of a Frontier voucher that will expire in 89 days and I was thinking about trying to use it for one of two things:
1) a last-minute snow trip (a weekend in the next 2-5 weeks, staying at a ski resort)
2) a summer-ish camping trip (a weekend/week sometime in the summer to be determined by group availability)

If you are interested in either, please say so below (indicating which you are interested in). This would be somewhere in Colorado, probably renting a car from Denver airport and driving, possibly with a stop over at @PirateNinja 's house for fun and profit.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I am going to speak for @PinkInDetroit here and say "in" for both of us, tentatively, depending on exact dates

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

Interested.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Interested in the summer trip, going somewhere cool - perhaps mountain climbing?

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@primesuspect @GHoosdum y'all are in for a snow trip, camping trip, or either?

@RyanFodder relayed via discord that he and @malia were thinking about the Seattle area and surrounding mountains. This is quite compelling to me for different reasons and i could be easily convinced that this is a "both" scenario for me.

malia

@Tushon I prefer skiing to camping but Icrontic makes everything fun.

@GHoosdum what does the last weekend in March look like for you? What would your travel/"on resort" days look like? I was hoping to do something like fly in Thursday evening, drive out, be there for Friday and Saturday (maybe Sunday) slopes, then leave Monday (prices are generally better), but I know most people don't have the same level of vacation options.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

That also sounds fun...

My wife has some stuff on the calendar that weekend I need to ask about, but consider me 'interested' but not 'in' so don't plan around me.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I'm not interested in camping personally but don't consider my input in the final plans. If the final plans are something I can manage I'll be there. Nicole will likely be involved regardless

edited March 2020

Ah, since the seller on my new condo finally signed today, the closing day is March 30, so I don't think I should be in CO that weekend, but the next weekend should be ok.
    I am looking at flying in Thursday night, April 2 and out from Denver Monday, April 6. I would be happy to let others fly out on Sunday, but Frontier charges a boatload. Easter weekend is bonkers expensive, so that's a no go.

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

Damn I work half that stretch.... Have fun guys!!!

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

All the resorts out here are shut down for the immediate future.

Yeah, we canceled this last night via group message and I meant to post it up here. Thanks for the reminder!