Server restart

HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
edited April 2008 in Gaming
:bigggrin: IC is gunna be right up there when the server resets :ninja: The time of vengeance and retribution is near... :ninja:

Comments

• a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited April 2008
    Are you guys going to hop on the first English-speaking speed server that restarts? If so, that might be speed.travian.us.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I need to really think about it... I am spending many, many, more hours on this game than just about anything else in my life. I love the game but man... I need to sleep and eat...
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Aye, although the good thing about it once you're established is the very long build times :tongue:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I need to really think about it... I am spending many, many, more hours on this game than just about anything else in my life. I love the game but man... I need to sleep and eat...
    I feel the same. Enjoying it, but not sure I want to continue to give it my time.
    edited April 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Aye, although the good thing about it once you're established is the very long build times :tongue:
    Until you start another village. And another.

Starting each village requires another week of constant micromanagement :-/
    edited April 2008
    While that's true.. It's personal choice to build a new village or further expand your current one, although eventually it's pretty much inevitable :tongue:
    edited April 2008
    more villages (when located in good spots) will allow one master village to grow MUCH faster. Gemini is already further along than Cetus even though it is a third generation village. Gemini is being supplied by Lupus. Cetus had nothing until a few days ago. However, I have also been reinforcing all my villages lately and not expanding as much. I'm expanding a bit now because of opportunity out in the outpost.
    edited April 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    While that's true.. It's personal choice to build a new village or further expand your current one
    It's a strategic choice, and the answer is clear: you will not win this game with only 4 villages. You need at least a dozen, including multiple croppers.

Your growth rate becomes exponential as your number of villages increases and you play on an entirely different level.
    edited April 2008
    Aye, I know :tongue: but you see my point xD
  • edited April 2008
    when is the next round of travian?
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited April 2008
    when this one ends... lol

i think some time in June this one is going to be won, then there's a short time when the server is inactive, being readied for the next round, and you can sign up for it shortly before it restarts.

i suggest we all have a day that we sign up as an alliance, so that we'll hopefully spawn as close to one another as possible...
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    It'd probably be good for all of us to keep playing UKSpeed3x so we'll get a break between the end of this and when the next one starts. I think we can all use a little rest, and some planning time wouldn't hurt either.
    edited April 2008
    I'm out unless things change... I cannot spend all this time online. My work output has dropped... :(
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Would you play in a lesser role Q? We appreciate your leadership for this bout.
    edited April 2008
    I might... I really am spending about 6 hours a day on this. BUT I LOVE THIS GAME.
    edited April 2008
    just don't spend money next time round.
    it'll limit your growth a little, thus limiting your time spent lol.

and yeah, we all like the game here, just cut back a little in the next round.
    edited April 2008
    We'll see.... I am cutting back now. I only spend gold for resource balancing when things are WAY out of whack or when I need to build several expensive and time consuming buildings.
    edited April 2008
    time consuming buildings i build overnight, or before school so it's built when i'm there.
    solves the problem really :)
    i've only used 2 gold, to finish building something which would've taken a lot of time, but i made it worthwhile by building 2 things at once, and researching 2 things.
    make expensive things go a long way :P
    (even though it was the free gold lol)
    edited April 2008
    This game does consume much more time now than when I first started.

I agree with Q, it's on-line crack, maybe I'll trademark the term iCrack so that Jobs can't sue me :)
    edited April 2008
    Because it's a real time game and things can go really badly very quickly, it's tough NOT to keep an eye on things.

I think all politicians should be forced to play this game. Teach them about split second decisions, diplomacy, defense, offense, losing battles but winning wars.
  • DuchessDuchess Surrey, UK
    edited April 2008
    a2jfreak wrote:
    This game does consume much more time now than when I first started.

I agree with Q, it'ss on-line crack, maybe I'lld trademark the term iCrack so that jobs can't sue me :)

umm. wanna here something seriously sad................ had key hole surgery on shoulder today. First waking thought from anesthetic 'Did saracen take that oasis whilst sitting for me?' addicted or what? LOL :woowoo: <TABLE class=tborder id=smilietable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1></TD><TD class=alt1>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  • SaracenSaracen At the puter !
    edited April 2008
    Duchess wrote:
    umm. wanna here something seriously sad................ had key hole surgery on shoulder today. First waking thought from anesthetic 'Did saracen take that oasis whilst sitting for me?' addicted or what? LOL :woowoo: <TABLE class=tborder id=smilietable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1></TD><TD class=alt1>

and she's not been home 2 hours and she's back on the laptop!
    There's dedication tothe cause for you :respect:
    edited April 2008
    iCrack claims another victim! It's an epidemic!
    Duchess wrote:
    Saracen wrote:
    and she's not been home 2 hours and she's back on the laptop!
    There's dedication tothe cause for you :respect:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    LMAO!

Ouch Duchess, I hope you're not too uncomfortable! Have a speedy recovery.
  • DuchessDuchess Surrey, UK
    edited April 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    LMAO!

Ouch Duchess, I hope you're not too uncomfortable! Have a speedy recovery.

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    WHY AREN'T YOU IN BED?!?!

j/k.
    edited April 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Because it's a real time game and things can go really badly very quickly, it's tough NOT to keep an eye on things.

I think all politicians should be forced to play this game. Teach them about split second decisions, diplomacy, defense, offense, losing battles but winning wars.

The problem with that is politicians won't be able to cheat their way out of diplomacy by paying someone else to do it, get their asses kicked and really show the world how weak our leaders are. Political rant over :tongue:

:ukflag:
  • Grywlf73Grywlf73 The Valley of the Sun in the AZ
    edited April 2008
    I know I'm new here and probably the most inexperienced at this game right now, but I'm in if we start again in next round. Hopefully, battle tested and reinforced!!!! Slide the icrack my way....its puff puff give...:bigggrin:

I gotta save money in the real world anyway so if this takes my time im good...although my new dog might suffer the attention loss....then again, I could just not get him fixed and then stick my leg out everyonce in awhile all while maintaining my posture and poise at the PC :wink:
  • edited April 2008
    ROFL wow. But in all honesty, I truly want you guys to take part once the server resets. I mean I just started this game a couple weeks ago and already im psyched about the level of teamwork and comradery I've seen so far. I can't help but feel that if we lose any of the major players in our current alliance, it won't be the same next time around, when we will actually have a fair chance. :-(
  • edited April 2008
    yeah i feel exactly the same way. since i joined this alliance its been amazing but if all the top players leave it wont be as good.