Server restart

2»

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I will play but I cannot spend the time that I'm putting into it this round. We'll start and maybe we'll have multiple wings too. Everyone will want to be with us.... the server will shut down because everyone will be in the alliance and no one will be able to attack. ;D
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Wait, when does the server restart? My exams are all over in May so I can waste as much time on crap as I like :D 13 week holiday f-t-fecking-w :D
  • edited April 2008
    lol, or maybe not. If you people aren't gonna take part in the next round, I'm gonna work my ass off to take part in THIS round and experience the ORIGINAL Icrontic alliance. Even if it involves me sending my 200 puny ass units to defend someone's base. >.<
  • edited April 2008
    lol harudath u can be my sitter for next round
    edited April 2008
    Haha :D Well, if I do well then yes :tongue:
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited April 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Wait, when does the server restart? My exams are all over in May so I can waste as much time on crap as I like :D 13 week holiday f-t-fecking-w :D
    i can beat that, last exam 30th may, university course starts 30th september.

4 month holiday for me :p
    edited April 2008
    Ok, I lied- I looked at my timetable and my last exam is on 10/6/08. Over here we put the day before the month :tongue: Ah well, july isn't such a bad month.
    edited April 2008
    might i just point out, that 'over here' is the same country, as the kingdom of Great Britain is where i hail from.
    edited April 2008
    Ah, awesome :ukflag: I wasn't sure :tongue: Well, it'll benefit the other users xD
  • edited April 2008
    might i just point out, that 'over here' is the same country, as the kingdom of Great Britain is where i hail from.

Am I the only one who gets sudden images of Jason Statham in their head after reading that? >.>
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2008
    I know quite a few are thinking of going teutons when this whole thing restarts, but is it really worth it? I mean, in my time sitting for romans I realize how totally awesome it is to be able to build/upgrade two buildings at once.

Right now I feel like it's holding me back because sometimes I actually have to shuffle my resources around to keep my warehouses from overflowing while I wait on building upgrades.

I really like the teutons for the units which I've become familiar with and the 3k capacity merchants are really awesome. But I'm really thinking of going romans when it restarts for their utility and stronger defensive units and buildings (not to mention building a teuton city wall is a PITA because it uses 0 iron to 20). What do you guys think? Is it worth it?
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I was honestly thinking either gaul or romans for restart. I like the cranny bonus and fast merchants gaul has and the master builders the romans have are VERY handy. Teutons is really for offensive players, probably should have at least one teuton player in the alliance to give a stronger offensive presence.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2008
    That's just it, though. I think I'll be able to a lot better next round as far as offensive units go, that's why I'm on the fence.
    edited April 2008
    I'm sticking Gaul. I know it and I enjoy it- Defensive is my style anyway, usually :tongue: Romans get you a big advantage in that you can build faster than other people but run out of resources faster. Teutons are the people I like to be attacked with least, so think about what you'd think the worst thing to be attacked by then choose it, if you're after being agressive.
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited April 2008
    Romans.
    I can't handle not having double builds!
    edited April 2008
    i want >1 minute troops, and i don't mind being patient so teuton will do for me :p

it also means i'll spend a bit less time on the game at the start lol
    edited April 2008
    close nuff
    Barracks level 20
    All foot soldiers are trained in the barracks. The higher the level of the barracks, the faster the troops are trained.

Name Quantity max

Legionnaire (Available: 0)
    120|100|180|40| 1 | 0:01:30

(72)

Praetorian (Available: 0)
    100|130|160|70| 1 | 0:01:39

(68)

Imperian (Available: 0)
    150|160|210|80| 1 | 0:01:48

(55)
    edited April 2008
    yeah, but for max teuton barracks troops are about 1 minute less than that, and if you're training 500 a day, that's several hours saved, and therefore more than 500 a day :)

also they're about 1/3 of the cost as teuton.
    edited April 2008
    Maceman (Teutons)

40 20 5 95 75 40 40
    Speed: 14 fields/hour
    Carrying capacity: 60 resources
    Upkeep: 1
    Training time: 0:05:00
    The Maceman is Travian's cheapest unit. Trained quickly, he is only mediocre at attacking, and his armor is not the strongest. He is completely unable to withstand a cavalry charge and will be systematically run down.

Prerequisites:
    Barracks level 1

70 40 25 150 160 210 80
    Speed: 14 fields/hour
    Carrying capacity: 50 resources
    Upkeep: 1
    Training time: 0:13:20
    The Imperian is the ultimate attack unit of the Roman legion. Fast and powerful, he is the worst fear of any defender

This power has its price, however, as training is both extensive and expensive.

Prerequisites:
    Academy level 5, Blacksmith level 1

worth it? lol im messin.
    yeah, teutons are sweet. im really thinking about going with them but i dont know if i can be that patient. idk.
    edited April 2008
    My macemen can be pumped out in 40 seconds for 250 resources... that means that 2160 per day if you could queue them up and never sit idle. Cost? 540,000. A maxed out village pumps out about 17k and hour for a daily total of 408,000. What's that mean... you can train more macemen than you can afford with one village.

Figure if you had 7 days of total uninterrupted building of macemen? 15000 troops. Make them level 20 attackers and they have a 54 offensive points. Not bad for 7 days of work. THAT could ruin your day.
  • edited April 2008
    i was thinking of going roman but teutons sound good.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I will undoubtedly be sticking with Romans.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    I will undoubtedly be sticking with Romans.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited April 2008
    I too like my current pick--Romans.
  • Grywlf73Grywlf73 The Valley of the Sun in the AZ
    edited April 2008
    I think im gonna stick with gauls....i like the defensive stuff.....im a lover not a fighter!!!! I think a good mix of all the races would be grand. Gauls can be sent out to help defend our villages while Romans loot and attack as well as tuetons (or however that is spelled!!! :smiles: ) Im a movie watcher not a reader darn it!!!:bigggrin:
  • edited April 2008
    i think im going roman. im not aggresive much so teuton isnt the tribe for me.
    edited April 2008
    I love the Teutons.... Spear and Paladins are a great one two defensive punch.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I love the Teutons.... Spear and Paladins are a great one two defensive punch.

Teutons do have a very flexible army.
    Cheap units (macemen)
    Attackers (axemen)
    Defenders (Paly's and Spear)

Plus heavy cav. and low upkeep scouts.