If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Giant Catan needs help with funding

2»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Fine, I'LL SAY IT since no one else will: BUTTPLUG BUTTPLUG BUTTPLUG

There, now we can move on.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ @TheButterflyman Icrontian
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    Fine, I'LL SAY IT since no one else will:
    You've done the Lord's work man. I was resisting some seriously demonic urges to post something along those lines.
  • JokkeJokke Nuvsvaag, Norway Icrontian
    I think we all THOUGHT about it, but some of us are polite enough to not compare parts of @CB's project to items people stick up their asses. :p
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I am not that person :D
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek IREEELAND Icrontian
    You are now considering what was going through the minds of the bowling alley staff when CB was bartering for his buttplug skittle. D-:
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    You are now considering what was going through the minds of the bowling alley staff when CB was bartering for his buttplug skittle. D-:
    hahahahahahahahahaha, you guys are cruel.

On the note of the board itself keep it up mate! It looks awesome so far.
    Thanks for the donation, Annes!
    If it's any consolation, the only reason Prime's thoughts are accurate is the fact that the actual Catan robber looks like that to begin with. You just made it...life size.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Orange, CA Icrontian
    Life size? If I were forced to choose between the two, I'd certainly choose the original robber, rather than CB's "life size" version. :hair:
    Betsy snapped this photo of me while I was working in the garage yesterday.image
    DSCF4535.JPG
    3296 x 2472 - 3M
    Why is Eddie Vedder doing crafts?

Sorry, that's the best I could do for a flannel-themed joke.
    Well, if that photo wasn't compelling enough, here's another.

There are enough pieces close enough to finished condition that I could finally lay them out and see how they all look on the pavement together:

Honda Insight bumper for scale. :)
    DSCF4538.JPG
    3296 x 2472 - 3M
    Awesomesauce!
    The glue is drying on the last component (if I didn't forget anything), and a live test will commence this Saturday (to make sure I didn't forget anything).

Still accepting donations however, as the cost of the project far outspent donations. :D I'll post some photos of the finished set this weekend.
    The live test went well. There are only a few kinks that need to be worked out, and just a couple components which were discovered to be partly unfinished.

Here's some photos:

The full set (Garrik for scale):

The opening moves of game one:

@Zanthian trying to get some of Garrik's wood while @Sharkydart gets a text message:
    2012-06-16 13.47.33.jpg
    1944 x 2592 - 2M
    2012-06-16 14.12.54.jpg
    1944 x 2592 - 2M
    2012-06-16 15.38.04.jpg
    2592 x 1944 - 3M
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Where are the giant dice? :D
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    This is awesome guys, I have not had the opportunity to play Catan yet, but I am a big fan of boardgames. Can't wait to get to play, the game, with you all. (was going to leave off ",the game," and then I thought better... lols
2»