Way to ruin the kid's fun

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Minecraft
Did someone seriously just blow up Kyle's minecraft island?

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    shwaip wrote:
    Did someone seriously just blow up Kyle's minecraft island?

As I am sure no one is going to come on and say "Yes, I did". Maybe you want to give us a little more info on what you are talking about?

-Digi
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Well, Icrontic just blew up my island on the minecraft server, they could have told me to move. What a great day
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Somebody blew up Kyle's house in the middle of the water and left a sign that said "You can't build here because it takes away three people's scenic view".

Really?

He's in tears, and he says Icrontic is mean and he doesn't want to play with you guys anymore.

Scenic view in a video game.

Too serious, me thinks.
    edited May 2011
    A better way to deal with that kind of issue:

"Hey Kyle, you built that in a place that causes this-and-that problem. Please remove it, here's why..."

Blowing it up and leaving a passive-aggressive, unsigned sign is just lame.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Dicks, the lot of you.
    edited May 2011
    Thank you Shwaip.

I don't know where his island is. Gunna need Snark or Ardi to check it out. Anyone know where the island in question is? Possibly coords to help out the admins.

-Digi
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Somebody blew up Kyle's house in the middle of the water and left a sign that said "You can't build here because it takes away three people's scenic view".

Really?

He's in tears, and he says Icrontic is mean and he doesn't want to play with you guys anymore.

Scenic view in a video game.

Too serious, me thinks.

Not to be a bad guy here but if you look out of all of my windows it was a scenic view of ic town and the artwork in the sky and thats why i built there so i could see that, make fun of me all you want but to have a house blocking the things i wanted to see kinda defeats the purpose of building there,,, i did not have anything to do with tearing down of your sons place down but i will say i thought (not to be rude) that we all agreed to "no children or kids on the serv. " i thought that came up with the whitelist but i could be mistaken... Im just wanting to express how i feel about this and would hope you all take into consideration that if he is gonna play on here maybe we could find an area for him to build , cause really this game is about creativity and not about drama if you have any questions send me a message ~~ UPSMatL
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited May 2011
    It's just east of town and due south of the mushroom house in that lake. I'll swing by and get the coords.

Edit: Coords
    280x65x3
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    1) No, there was never a "No kids on the server" rule. Go read the actual rules, which are stickied for exactly this reason.

2) There's no rule about "ruining peoples view". I mean really... this is effing absurd and I don't have the time or the patience to deal with this level of asshattery. As long as the person wasn't being a dick (and I am 100% positive that he wasn't in this case) there's no reason to tear down their structure.

Now then, the only reason I'm even here posting this is because Ryder emailed me about the thread. Frankly, I'm fed up with dealing with all you trollish fuckers. Snarkasm is in charge of dealing with the server at this point. He and CB both have ops and can both fix this (using logblock, see the logblock documentation: http://diddiz.insane-architects.net/logblock.php). They can also use logblock to find out who did it and ban them. I don't have access to a Minecraftable computer/internet connection now, and likely won't until tomorrow. If Snark or CB have not resolved the issue by the time I am in a place where I am able to deal with this, I will take care of it. If it comes to that, I'm banning the perp and I'm not going to listen to any bawwing about it either. If someone has a problem with that, they can take a long walk off a short pier for all I care.

EDIT: Also, if the coordinates where the damage is could be posted, that would be extremely helpful.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I/Bacon have been gathering gunpowder at the batgrinder (to be used at Turnip Castle) the past few days storing it in the nearby chests. I had collected about 8 stacks, but when I checked up on it later I found it was completely gone. I've only seen _k around the grinder but I doubt he'd be the cause of this.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited May 2011
    Chemriof wrote:
    It's just east of town and due south of the mushroom house in that lake. I'll swing by and get the coords.

Edit: Coords
    280x65x3

I'd think moving his house somewhere else would have been a better idea, all things considered. It would have at least been less effort than dealing with all this on the forums,
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited May 2011
    I'd think moving his house somewhere else would have been a better idea, all things considered. It would have at least been less effort than dealing with all this on the forums,

A better idea would have been move your own stuff. I can't believe the magnitude of asshattery and griefdom that comes from this forum every single week. I lurk just to watch this stuff continue to happen... and people wonder why many of us stopped playing... Yeesh.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I have been waiting my turn to use the grinder. I am simply idling to work on filling the chest up. I left for a short time to work at my estates and cry about how my grinder is made incorrectly so the drop rate is horrible.

Error there are about 20 stacks in there right now.
    edited May 2011
    ok i was mistaken and im sorry about that but ,, Nice of you to call people trollish fuckers Choke, i wasnt trying to start anything and i usually mind my own business on here ,, i was just suggesting build somewhere else that maybe he could even have more room to build , in my opinion it was an awkward place to build but do whatever you want choke ,
    edited May 2011
    I did show masterbuilderk around the other day , to the grinder , our water slide , jurassic park, and my entire place and roller coaster so Prime i dont have anything against your son let alone anybody on the server , im sorry that he got upset and i guess ill just not post anything on the forums since people are just calling others names
  • TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    My coordinates are/were X: 280.2298976932325 Y:65.62000000476837 Z:-6.645542271037458
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    That's perfectly fine, I'm just trying to get some gunpowder while also filling the chests. Just stating the facts for the investigation of Kyle's island.
    edited May 2011
    I agree that whoever has done this should be banned from our server. Unacceptable.

I have proven in the past that we can work things out by talking. Actually with this same exact issue. Fish built out across our (Our at the time was Prag, Hitman and I) exact lake. I explained to Fish the exact thing that was on that sign. That it took away from the scenery. Yes scenery in a video game, almost artistic. I offered to help him move it. He stated he would not have a problem with that. He later moved it before I even had a chance to move it.

This is what should have happened here. Communication.

Damn it, fellas.

-Digi
    edited May 2011
    A better idea would have been move your own stuff. I can't believe the magnitude of asshattery and griefdom that comes from this forum every single week. I lurk just to watch this stuff continue to happen... and people wonder why many of us stopped playing... Yeesh.

Am I blind? I honestly don't see it. We have had a couple of incidents that I thought we ended up handling rather well. Gets reported, Ardi rages about having to do anything about it, the rules (and a vote if needed) are taken into consideration and action is taken. Where is this asshattery you speak of?
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Unbelievable. I think the culprit should apologize and help him rebuild using his own materials. I mean hes just a kid. If no one comes forth I will gladly donate and help rebuild. I am a father and I know how it feels to have an upset kid. So masterbuilder let me know if I can help in anyway.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Hey bobby since you play a lot more then spencer and CB (no offense guys) why dont you become an admin?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Going to need Ardi for this one - I don't know enough about BB to do a timely investigation and I'm working hellish shifts for a hospital go-live. I'll mail him.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited May 2011
    32Vha.png

I did some investigation on the server and found out that the house was not blown up using TNT, but was burnt down by SCLisi. Wooden stairs and a fair amount of cobble were also destroyed by SCLisi a few minutes later at 23:43, as those items did not burn.

If anyone needs more convincing, I can post the server logs or more screenshots of BB and the blocks affected, but at this point its fairly obvious that it was SCLisi was the culprit here.
  • edited May 2011
    We've restored the damaged property after the investigation was completed by loading it from the May 21st backup. We hope this resolves the issue and to Master; I'm sorry someone would destroy your creation and please know this is not a regular thing here, we don't allow it.

v0XVJl.jpg

This was hardly a block of a scenic view and we look down upon arson here. Please find a way to play nice in the future.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    No need to rebuild. The structure has been restored from back-ups.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Going to need Ardi for this one - I don't know enough about BB to do a timely investigation and I'm working hellish shifts for a hospital go-live. I'll mail him.
    ;

...and I have no idea how to use the OP tools. I'm just a figurehead.
    edited May 2011
    @BobbyDigi - you have Ops on the main and the test server now.

I'm going to overhaul the main server tonight (expect outages) and put the Permissions plugin in place as well as a teleport plugin restricted to OP usage only so that looking into this kind of stuff will be easier in the future. This is the last I'm going to do with the minecraft server for the immediate future. IC can continue to use my hardware (I didn't drop 1200$ on hardware for it to sit idle) but I don't have the time or patience right now to maintain things.

@Strife - how did you pull up the logs that you posted in the other thread? I thought the logblock commands were OP only... or am I mistaken about that? Also, if the logs you posted are true then SCLisi needs to be banned. Cue UPS outrage.
    edited May 2011
    Update: I've moved the posts dealing with this issue from the main server thread to here. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited May 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Am I blind? I honestly don't see it. We have had a couple of incidents that I thought we ended up handling rather well. Gets reported, Ardi rages about having to do anything about it, the rules (and a vote if needed) are taken into consideration and action is taken. Where is this asshattery you speak of?

I'm sending you a shopping list of just stuff that immediately comes to mind that has happened in the past few months on the server. There are repeatedly issues, everyone makes a fuss, and then in the end there is a slap on the wrist provided or an excuse like "well, it couldn't have possibly been on on purpose thing that so and so lit my base on fire and then pooped in my chimney, so no worries".

Combine this with the constant anti-addon mentality that was often (but not always) the majority opinion when addons were in place to stop events such as this so admins don't have to waste their time playing mommy and daddy because people can't handle themselves and have to act like imbeciles...

The only reason I'm not publicly posting the shopping list is because I don't want to stir the pot any more than this has about stuff that has been done and over with.
    edited May 2011
    I'll let Kyle know his house is back. Thanks, guys.
This discussion has been closed.