Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Cue UPS outrage.

You are so cute Choke, you know that?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I hope Kyle still wants to play on the server. Luckily we can fix the damage done by any asshattery in general. If that screen shot above by CaptainMoustache is a picture of Kyle's house, I can't see how his placement would be a problem in the first place.
  • TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    thanks guys, i didn't mean for all this drama
    edited May 2011
    Not your fault, Kyle. Don't worry about it dude.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited May 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I hope Kyle still wants to play on the server. Luckily we can fix the damage done by any asshattery in general. If that screen shot above by CaptainMoustache is a picture of Kyle's house, I can't see how his placement would be a problem in the first place.

I wasn't gonna say it but after the bit about the sign saying "You can't build here because it takes away three people's scenic view" and then seeing the original picture, it is very tastefully made... (the house not the sign)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    You are so cute Choke, you know that?

yeah, yeah, whatever you say.

Server has been overhauled w/ permissions plugin. Tele++ has been installed for OP use in investigating future issues. Permissions has been installed and configured as well. Used LogBlock to confirm that SCLisi was responsible for setting the house on fire as well as removing other blocks in that area and have removed from the whitelist. With that, I'm out. Snark knows how to get ahold of me in the event of an emergency.

@OPs (bobbydigi, snark, CB) - Please familiarize yourselves with LogBlock and Tele++. Check the forums at bukkit.org for the info you need.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Thank you Ardichoke.

-Digi
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    UPSMatL wrote:
    i thought (not to be rude) that we all agreed to "no children or kids on the serv. "
    Going by age or behavior?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Lincoln wrote:
    Going by age or behavior?
    Ability to spell? :bigggrin:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    typing skill.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    No outrage here choke, anyway is he perm banned or is there a timeline for his ban?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Going strictly by the rules, this is a two-week ban, after which he needs to get somebody to vouch for him and is on probation for a month. Any other malicious actions within that month get him permabanned and his voucher tempbanned. Any malicious action outside of the probation month will be considered a second offense carrying a tempban of a month, followed again by a vouch and probationary period required.

I guess if anybody feels like vouching for him in a couple weeks, we'll see about reinstating him.

Just going by the rules that were set up, everybody. Rules are rules, and it's not fair to move the goalposts.
  • edited May 2011
    I remember a thread being deleted in regards to SCLisi griefing Strife's X-Ray Monument.
    edited May 2011
    I remember a thread being deleted in regards to SCLisi griefing Strife's X-Ray Monument.

http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92378

On the topic of punishment, honestly I hope you have policies in place depending on severity of offense.
    edited May 2011

Apparently you guys failed to read this post.

That issue was resolved personally with the parties involved. It wasn't a matter of griefing, as you so wish to assume. Strife failed to mention that he was griefing in the first place. The matter was addressed, no harm no foul. Stop digging at it.
    On the topic of punishment, honestly I hope you have policies in place depending on severity of offense.

I've tried to stay quiet through all of this, because I don't want to get involved with something so trivial and asinine, but seriously, come off it, dude. You haven't played on the official server for months. You have no involvement with the community that is experiencing these issues, therefore you have no reasoning to sit upon a pedestal and shout claims to how things should be. This isn't your community, these aren't your problems, stop dipping into things that don't concern you.

That goes for anyone else who sits in the peanut gallery and talks mess. Let the players who are actually affected figure things out - we don't need your help.

I'm going to bow out of this discussion. I like all of you guys too much IRL to keep on messing with all of this pedantic drama on IC Minecraft. It isn't worth the constant bickering and arguing we do. We are all better friends than this.

This damn game has done far more damage than good to this community.
    edited May 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    This damn game has done far more damage than good to this community.
    The way people react to this game (beta changes breaking their stuff, one side wanting resets/other side doesn't, etc etc) is what did the damage, not the game.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    The way people react to this game (beta changes breaking their stuff, one side wanting resets/other side doesn't, etc etc) is what did the damage, not the game.

This. The problems this community has had with Minecraft are not community problems, they are people problems, individual personality conflicts, and personality problems.

Minecraft is a big sandbox. One bad kid in a sandbox can ruin the fun for all the other kids by knocking over their castle. It doesn't mean the sandbox sucks.
    edited May 2011
    Or finding poop in the sandbox. You never know if it was a cat, or Frank's

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xUx8qFWou_k&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I found a sheep in minecraft that looked like it was smeared with poop today, does that count?
    edited May 2011
    cola wrote:
    I found a sheep in minecraft that looked like it was smeared with poop today, does that count?

Did you punch it?

I bet it would shit....

Bricks

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

-Digi
    edited May 2011
    I had previously posted some very mean things aimed directly at a few people, however I believe I can summarize this much less aggressively (Edit - And I care much for several of the people that I believe are irritated with me and wish to not garner any additional ire or dislike from those individuals) and so I shall:

#1: The us and you mentality that we're developing does dick worth of good for the community.

#2: I don't have any business in game, but the spillover into real life or into my business is absurd. This includes the hurting of Kyle, this includes the fact that I have heard bitching and griping about that server from people on that server since I left and more.

#3: I use to be part of that server, I left because of a number of reasons, most of them were conflicting opinions on how the game should be played combined with a desire of many in the Minecraft community (not my words) to act completely immature as if the decisions in this game do not effect the interactions I will have with those individuals out of game.

#4: I'd like to believe I'm part of the Icrontic Community, I'm sorry that is not the consensus. I don't view this forum as any more than another fraction of the community as a whole. You don't ignore part of your body if you start pissing blood, I don't think we should treat this any differently.
    edited May 2011
    This original issue in this thread has been resolved from all sides. A lot of communication happened that is not in this thread. I'm requesting it locked.
This discussion has been closed.