ICMC: The Restart

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Minecraft
The time is near my Minecrafting friends.

Date: February 4th

Time: Noon Eastern, 11AM Central, 9AM Pacific.

Where: minecraft.ardichoke.info
Voice: Vent

What to expect: The goal is explore and settle a spawn point. This is a community event. We would like you to come help create a welcoming server for everyone. Personal builds will be more then welcome but we would like to focus on Community for at least the first day.
Update 02/01/12: The Spawn courtyard will be 49x49. Our first goal on Restart day will be to make a barrier around this and light it up. After that I will start laying out the map with markers (cobblestone probably) and we can work on assigning the first plots!

Map: I will be staying on most of the day to answer any questions and set the lay of the land. Working on laying out ICManor and then ICTown and ICIndustry within. If there is time I may start laying out plots in The Oulands. If you would like to request a plot in ICTown, ICIndustry or The Outlands, see this thread. I will be working on a map based on requests and requirements.

Beforehand I will start up a world with the seed I have in mind just to make sure we don't spawn in lava or something like that (for those of you that remember our original spawn, you'll understand that one).

Ark: In case you are interested, you have the ability to ship some of your items to the new world. These items will not be available the day of the reset. They will be available after spawn is settled. I will pick a place and "move" the chests over. If you want to have some of your items from the current world moved over you simply need to create a chest at current world ICTown station with your items and place a sign next to it indicating it is your "Ark" items. As time gets closer I will give you guys a heads up that I will be going on to take inventory of the chests for moving.
Update 02/01/12: I'll be taking the "Ark" inventory on Friday 2/3, Please have your finalized items in your chests and your chest clearly labeled. Anything placed in the chests after Noon (Pacific) on Friday can not be guaranteed.
Update 02/03/12: Ark images done.

This thread is a work in progress, I will update it as needed.

-Digi

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    HAHAHA! Holy crap, never saw that Reggie pic coming on Icrontic of all places. Well done Ardi.

So we still have time to select ark stuff, right? I've been a bit out of the loop as of late.

And we cannot deconstruct something from the old world to ark it over?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    So we still have time to select ark stuff, right? I've been a bit out of the loop as of late.
    Yup. Simply create a chest at ICTown Station (You'll see the other 6-7 chests there)
    And we cannot deconstruct something from the old world to ark it over?
    Not sure what you mean by this. If you want to take something down, put the items in your chest and reconstruct it on the new server, that is perfectly fine. We won't be moving any objects. I will essentially recreate the chests on the new map.

-Digi
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I'm looking forward to this. I will make time to be available that day.

Not sure what you mean by this. If you want to take something down, put the items in your chest and reconstruct it on the new server, that is perfectly fine. We won't be moving any objects. I will essentially recreate the chests on the new map.

-Digi
    That's what I meant. My fluttershy, I would like to bring it along, considering how much of a pain in the butt it was to build.

I'd rather spend my time on the new server mining for a new pixel art.
  • TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I would like to sign up! Is this the sign-up place? Or is there somewhere else?
  • I think if your avatar on the forum is from the ICMC, you should be automatically included. ;)
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Eh, I'm in haven't gotten any use out of minecraft yet (Beyond my golden penis and 'man cave') sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Thank you for the information Bobby. This sounds good, looking forward to it.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Updated OP to set in stone Noon Eastern as the time.
    I would like to sign up! Is this the sign-up place? Or is there somewhere else?
    No need to sign up. Just be on vent on the 4th at Noon (EST).

Everyone note that server will go down earlier in the day. I am going to work with Ardi on getting the new map generated and then we will give everyone the go to hop on. Best to be in Vent so you can stay up on what is going on. We will give the go when the new world is ready.

-Digi
    oh fffuuuuu, gonna make us get up at 9AM to get in on this? balls.
  • Yup. Get up, pour cereal, log in, MINEMINEMINEMINEMINEBUILDBUILDBUILDBUILDMINEMINEMINEMINEBUILDBUILDBUILDBUILD
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Aww yeah, 5pm for the GMT master race.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    You're forcing me to wake up at NOON on a SATURDAY are you INSANE...I'll be there :)
    Yup. Get up, pour cereal, log in, MINEMINEMINEMINEMINEBUILDBUILDBUILDBUILDMINEMINEMINEMINEBUILDBUILDBUILDBUILD
    I'll have to see if I can break my record for playing Minecraft the day I bought it (which was 11 hours straight... ugh)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Aww yeah, 5pm for the GMT master race.
    Never lost that colonial spirit, I see.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Never lost that colonial spirit, I see.

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    You're forcing me to wake up at NOON on a SATURDAY are you INSANE...I'll be there :)
    HAH. I've been waking up for ponies before 9 in the morning for months now.
    I HAVE THE ADVANTAGE.

And yeah, I'll totally be down for this.
    gonna make us get up at 9AM to get in on this?
    This is because of this:
    5pm for the GMT
    Also everyone who is "in" please make sure you have build perms Before the 4th. Individual build Perms will not be a priority for the first few hours.

-Digi

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    I spit on your permits.
    Bump, I'm excited.

Updated OP with initial goal and Ark due date. Further working on the layout and going to find the seed tonight.

-Digi
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Can i request not a plot but a plot thickener?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @UPSLynx Could you save me a plot in town near you? I won't be able to attend as I have a previous engagement in my other surreal building experience.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Also everyone who is "in" please make sure you have build perms Before the 4th. Individual build Perms will not be a priority for the first few hours.
    How do we go about achieving this assurance?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

How do we go about achieving this assurance?
    Here? http://icrontic.com/discussion/92779/ic-minecraft-server-builder-requests-whitelist#Item_0

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Try to build something in world. If you can't, you don't have build perm and need to message bobby. If you can build something, then you are good.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @BobbyDigi Going to bow out so no need to reserve a plot for me. I have real-world Minecraft to play.
    Try to build something in world. If you can't, you don't have build perm and need to message bobby. If you can build something, then you are good.
    This. If you have ever built on the current world you should have no worries if you are set for the new world.

@Lincoln Understood. If you ever want to hop on, there will be plenty of plots :-D

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Avast: Lincoln's Plot?
    UPSLynx