Expo 2014 Beer Tasting

RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

It's summertime, and with the coming heat it'd be nice to kick back with a beer that refreshes and yet has a solid amount of flavor. Session beer is all the rage right now, but we're not gonna go that low...yet.

This year's Expo Beer Tasting will be a blind horizontal featuring Belgian-style golden ales. We'll explore the diversity in this group by looking at some beers that defined the style and what newer brewers have done with it.

A range of dryness, acidity, hoppiness, and funk will be present, and those that partake will be sure to find a few beers they really enjoy. More details to come. Post 'in' if you would like notification when the final details are available. Seating is limited as always so the order in which you call dibs here is the order in which seats will be offered. (I accidentally started this off in Facebook, so if you posted there already, you're in. Continue here. I am an ass.)

A votre sante!

LeahVoice

Comments

• DeathJesterDeathJester Lone Wolf Oklahoma Icrontian

In

RyanMM
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2014

Jackie and I are in!

(And lemmie know if there are any west coast beers in this style you'd like me to hunt down)

RyanMM
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian

RyanMM
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

In

RyanMM
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

In

RyanMM
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Can I put in a provisional 'in'? I'm not sure if I'm making it to Expo, but I want to make sure I'm in on this if I can.

RyanMM
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

In.

RyanMM
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

In for me & @Aaron

RyanMM
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:
    Can I put in a provisional 'in'? I'm not sure if I'm making it to Expo, but I want to make sure I'm in on this if I can.

Your spot in line is reserved, pending your attendance. I'll need to know at some point once I finalize details in a week or two whether you'll be able to make it for sure or not.

Once you have the plan finalized, can we PayPal you in advance to save on logistics at Expo?

mertesnSignal

@GHoosdum said:
    Once you have the plan finalized, can we PayPal you in advance to save on logistics at Expo?

Yeah, I'll do that in all likelihood to make it easier for folks.

mertesn
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

I am in, also filled out IN on the mailer @Linc sent out.

@RyanMM said:
    Your spot in line is reserved, pending your attendance. I'll need to know at some point once I finalize details in a week or two whether you'll be able to make it for sure or not.

Sure thing. I checked the schedule and the timing works for me, I just need to verify that Expo as a whole is feasible.

Thanks!

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

in!

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I'm in and Farge too :-)

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

In.

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian

Inny in in!

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

In for now.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

In, but will drop if needed and somebody below me really wants to go.

• DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian

in again if the pic wasn't enough lol

• bellsbells Gaming? I'm in! Ypsilanti, MI Member

I'm in!

So I'm registered, my provisional 'in' is now an official 'in'.

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Count me in, please.

Well crap. I'm overbooked for Saturday. Highly unlikely that I'll be able to make it back down to the D by 6pm on Saturday, so count me out. There is an exceedingly slim chance I'll be able to make it, but I don't want to hold a spot if there's anyone on the waiting list.

Okay folks, I cannot express how blown away I am by the response I've gotten. Over 33 people want into this thing.

I have enough beer and glassware to seat 25, which means I can't seat everyone who wanted in. At this point I'm going to be offering up seats in the order in which dibs were called. Each person will have the option of taking their seat or passing but I need to know ASAP so I can finalize the guest list.

The final details:

We will be tasting 6 beers in the Belgian Strong Pale/Gold Ale category from across the globe. The samples will average 2 1/4 ounces. There will be an accompaniment of meat, cheese, crackers, fruit and nuts as always. Price per person will be $20.

I will be contacting everyone shortly, so keep an eye out.

Don't forget that my wife @LeahVoice‌ is running an awesome wine tasting Thursday night featuring 8 Chenin Blanc wines. Even if you're not a big wine aficionado, this would be a great way to learn about wine and see if you can find some more enjoyment there. I believe she does have some seats available still, so message her if you're interested.

GnomeQueenUPSLynxLeahVoice

Already have a few responses, but the first wave of invites is out. Minus the folks who were Johnny/Jenny on the spot with their responses:

The following folks have been contacted via Facebook: @Gargoyle‌ @TiberiusLazarus‌ @Annes‌ @evonnecameron‌ @RedDragon‌ @malia‌ @mertesn‌ @MAGIC‌ @GHoosdum‌ @Soda‌

The following folks have been pinged via IC Message: @DeathJester‌ @Signal‌ @Massalinie‌ @Farge‌ @Snarkasm‌

Get at me folks!

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

I'm in!

In and PayPal'd.

LeahVoice