Announcing the EPIC 2015 Schedule

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited May 2015 in Events

The first draft of the schedule is here: https://epic2015.sched.org/

Events start with dinner Wed and run 11am to 1am, Thu-Sat. If I missed your event or screwed it up, this is the time to correct me.

In summary:

• Wednesday is new boardgames & MTG. I'm taking nominations for the Wed night LAN game.
  • Thursday is high ropes course, Minecraft x2, homecooked pho, beer tasting, and the second annual Decathalon.
  • Friday brings archery, a tea party, boardgames, wine tasting, BIKE & BREW (details below), and Smash Bros.
  • Saturday finishes with Duct Tape Challenge, TF2, Human Chess (mini games), homebrew, & Mario Kart.

Also, we lied about Food Tour; it's on like Donkey Kong.

Decathalon is a team-based LAN gaming event that tests the teams' wits in 4-5 PC games.

Human Chess is an elaborate excuse to play hilarious party games in the alleyway.

Duct Tape Challenge is a team-based duct tape engineering challenge that changes every year.

Bike & Brew Tour is a biking tour of Atwater Brewing, Brew Detroit, Batch Brewing, Traffic Jam, Motorcity Brewing, and Jolly Pumpkin / North Peak. Anyone not biking can still join us at Batch Brewing which will double as our food tour stop that evening. The event after this being named "Smashed Bros." was not a schedule typo. Because of the stops for pints, the biking portion will be a bit shorter. Also, the last 3 breweries are all in a cluster & at the end of the tour from which it is a very easy walk back to the house. Rentals will be available and inexpensive.

Signups will commence immediately following ticket sales ending.

Buy your communistic tickets here: http://icrontic2015.eventbrite.com

BobbyDigiprimesuspectGargmertesnChoochGnomeQueenKaintenanceAlexDeGruvenmaliakless001

Comments

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2015

@Linc said:

Bike & Brew Tour is a biking tour of Atwater Brewing, Brew Detroit, Batch Brewing, Traffic Jam, Motorcity Brewing, and Jolly Pumpkin / North Peak. Anyone not biking can still join us at Batch Brewing which will double as our food tour stop that evening. The event after this being named "Smashed Bros." was not a schedule typo. Because of the stops for pints, the biking portion will be a bit shorter. Also, the last 3 breweries are all in a cluster & at the end of the tour from which it is a very easy walk back to the house. Rentals will be available and inexpensive.

WTB babysitter, Friday 4pm - bedtime (720ish), PST.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

LAN gaming Wednesday night subject to setup being completed ;)

Draft 2 of the schedule is now up. https://epic2015.sched.org/

Removed Tea Time, moved Wine Tasting to Saturday night, moved the LAN game to Friday & Kart to Wednesday, and moved Human Chess to prime time Saturday afternoon to make sure everyone can participate (and I have time to set it up). It actually cleaned up multiple problems I had with draft 1 so that worked out nicely.

Massalinie
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

@Linc said:
    Draft 2 of the schedule is now up. https://epic2015.sched.org/

Removed Tea Time, moved Wine Tasting to Saturday night, moved the LAN game to Friday & Kart to Wednesday, and moved Human Chess to prime time Saturday afternoon to make sure everyone can participate (and I have time to set it up). It actually cleaned up multiple problems I had with draft 1 so that worked out nicely.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! :)

PS, I didn't mean you had to move the LAN games.. I mean.. we BETTER have everything setup in 9 hours :zombie:

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

If we aren't having Terin teatime, maybe we should have horrible tea time again? Or another equivalent, since horrible was done last year. :)

@GnomeQueen said:
    If we aren't having Terin teatime, maybe we should have horrible tea time again? Or another equivalent, since horrible was done last year. :)

I cannot think of any other comparable thing to watch, honestly.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I'm a fan of Tea time over wine... cuz I don't drink... and I LOVED the Tea Time. But the schedule is plenty full as is for me...

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Linc said:
    I cannot think of any other comparable thing to watch, honestly.

I honestly didn't know why Dr. Horrible was picked to begin with. Why did you chose it? Asking so I can try and brainstorm comparable things.

@GnomeQueen said:
    Why did you chose it?

Under an hour & it's a singalong so it can keep folks' attention over the chaos.

No Official start/welcome? (or just not on the schedule)

@Ryder said:
    No Official start/welcome? (or just not on the schedule)

Yeah, I think we'll do that just before dinner Thurs. That'll be the natural moment to bring everyone in.

Ryderbells
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian

Hey yo, @Linc . Change the time zone on the calendar to Eastern so it imports to my Google Calendar properly :biggrin: Currently, Google says it's in GMT and everything's off.

mertesnLinc
    edited May 2015

Hm. Said it was PST not GMT, but I switched it now.

UPSKingpin
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

The group photo and chess game currently overlap. Is this on purpose?

Group photo should be 15 minutes or less, so kinda. The idea is hopefully everyone goes from one to the other.

bells
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

I think archery needs to be immediately following beer tasting. Do you guys do flaming arrows at night? Or how about bow and arrow mumbley peg?

HumerusMeg
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

For the potential tea party:The Guild is on Netflix I believe, those episodes are really short and amusing although not a sing-along. Or what about The Princess Bride?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

HEY GUYS NOT MUCH TIME LEFT

mertesn
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

I am trying to add to my google calendar, but i get "Cannot add calendar "epic2015"
    You do not have access to epic2015's calendar"

@Zanthian you're adding from http://epic2015.sched.org/ ?

I just got the very best Icrontic swag of all time for the prize table. #realtalk

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

@CB you'd better use the big jar on that one.

A boner or a molded icrontic salute.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2015

@Linc said:
    Zanthian you're adding from http://epic2015.sched.org/ ?

I also cannot add it to Google calendar.

@Ryder said:
    A boner or a molded icrontic salute.

Can we do an Icrontic-branded dildo for 2016? Who is leading this project.

@Linc said:
    Can we do an Icrontic-branded dildo for 2016? Who is leading this project.

I vote, you! :crazy: