Star Trek Online goes free to play

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
edited January 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    DAMNIT this and SWOTOR are going to ruin my life.
  • I've been playing STO since launch, and Im glad that F2P is live now. Its nice to see all the new people. I would encourage newcomers to help support the game by buying something from the cryptic store every so often, so that we can continue this great game for along time to come!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Hi Harry!! Welcome to Icrontic, stick around for awhile!! I really loved playing STO at the beginning but left due to not having any other friends that I knew playing it... It definitely looks alot better in the year and a half since I've played...
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    Pulled this up out of curiosity, and it isn't half bad. Already played Champions Online quite a bit, so it was good to see many familiar functions, controls, and UI from there. But yea, I'm still mucking about with it, look for "Stands Quietly with Both Hands@queztecoatl" if you're in there and give me a shout.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I've been playing STO since launch, and Im glad that F2P is live now. Its nice to see all the new people. I would encourage newcomers to help support the game by buying something from the cryptic store every so often, so that we can continue this great game for along time to come!
    That's a refreshing attitude. Too often the existing players hate when the game goes F2P because 'all the noobs'. Is the community on STO generally more welcoming, or is it just you? :)

• YES I am not really a star trek fan, but this looks badass