If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

War Stories and Pictures Home

2»

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011
    Way to invite me you dicks. :grumble:
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011
    They never invite me either. I just kinda muscle my way into their games. :P

Also, am I on your friends list? If not, add ScarboroghJones. I'll invite you next time I play.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011
    Black Hawk said:
    Way to invite me you dicks. :grumble:
    I don't even think you were listed as 'online' last night on battlelog. Sorry man!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011
    I can haz invite?
    edited Dec 2011
    So many quality movies from tonight. I'll start encoding them and uploading them for you guys. Some are really hilarious.
  • CannonFodderCannonFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011

Video of Kenkel and I flying ;) I had to add subtitles since my voice was so quiet.

Edit: Embed did not work:
    Edit: OK, so Vanilla is way smarter than I'm used to - no more searching for embed links in YouTube! AWESOME.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Dewmander Misery Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011
    I have two more videos to make - Epic tank with guided shells and the first transport chopper tanking run.

The first is Jimmy, Canti, Bobby and I rolling around firestorm killing choppers and tanks like no ones business.

The second is us flying the transport chopper around taking so much fire and living to tell stories about it.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Member
    this helicopter video is awesome! nice.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Great video.

Jimmy- "I don't want to be Russian. I'm stuck."
    Canti- "If you were born Russian, you'll always be Russian."

Fighting at the point under you guys towards the end of that video was so intense. What a great game.

Dangit, Two weeks until I can get home and start playing this again :/
    edited Dec 2011
    "Roto-rape" commences after 3min in that movie.

It's weird watching video of yourself, you really learn a lot about your play after reviewing it. I was painfully unaware of proper timing with flares at the time of this video (confused with all the various lock noises) but have since learned.

It's also cool to see the quick, concise messaging back and forth between pilot and gunner - hard to say "LOL JUST LIKE THE REAL THING!" but...it kinda is. The game's way more enjoyable when you've got people who know what they're doing around you.

Agreed Lynx, overwatch is easily the best part of the squad-based gaming - Canti excels at it with his MAV. It's scary being under it with "...ahhh, Kenkel...two guys on the other side of the low wall coming toward you..."

If you aren't playing with us ingame, you're missing out!
    Seriously, BF3 with Icrontic is top tier fun. It seriously SUCKS that I can't play it here at home. Having some of the most fun times gaming with IC since Minecraft or TF2 before it.

Cannon - how are you able to record your voice output in addition to the audio of everything else in that video? Of all the footage I've recorded with FRAPS over the years, the biggest issue I've had is no way to record outbound communications, which makes sense because outbound audio is not fed through the sound card to become audible. What's the trick?
    Fraps gave me the option to record microphone input. Wish I'd played with it to get the volume right though.

If you thought that video was intense, you have to see the tank one. I'm upset that I messed it up last night and didn't get it uploaded...
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    If the tank video is from Kirkland Sunday night (Monday night?) I demands it now.
    I think I have the view from the gunner position of that same video, come to think of it.

I've got 4 videos back in SD that I still have to encode and upload. I'm not sure my m11x can play BF3 here, but I'll try. Out of commission for a few days if it doesn't work... :(
    I have videos from karkand and firestorm. The one from karkand shows the diffidence of mav and no mav very well...
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    UGGG! Do want to PLAY! But like several other people, I am without a capable machine until next week when I go home to LA.
    First of two tank videos:

edited Dec 2011
    Bobby, for your reference:
    JIMMEH TAKE THE WHEEEEEL!
    If the tank video is from Kirkland Sunday night (Monday night?) I demands it now.
    And here it is!

Jesus H. Christ that is some serious pwnage goin on in that video.
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Tonight... Nights and I are messing around before the official start of our Wednesday BF3 session. I am in a tank, him in a jet. I have zoomed in on his jet with my main and it get closer, and closer, and BOOM, right into me. And I am just screaming... it was so funny.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    So, I meant to be there ... but then I cleaned my apartment (mostly) and went running. Sad day.
    So, I wanted to play, but then we got hit by surprise visit from the Health Department and I had to remake everything that had to be thrown out due to retarded servers...so angry I missed BF3
  • QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I need to get FRAPS on my rig so I can capture some of these moments...
    So, went diving through my fraps recordings and found a few gems (apologies for low-def, was still playing with optimal fraps settings at the time)...

My first lesson with C4...

Repair Tool animation on player models

My thought process, captured on film
2»