• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    This is begining to resemble a government budget!!!:D
  • FreshyPFreshyP Don Cheadle Cyberspace Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    i would like to walk with you guys.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    well it looks like both my kids want to walk. I'll sponsor each of them for $3.33 per mile ;)
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Now I feel sorry for poor Larry - he's taken it upon himself to recordkeep all of this!
    Who's on first, what's on second and I don't know is on third. :scratch:

I just got back from driving from Jacksonville, Fl to Austin, Tx (1148 mi) in just over a day. I drove 2 hrs last night after arriving at the airport then started at 6 AM and got back here at 9 PM today. So needless to say, I'm beat and will sort it tomorrow.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    alright shorty, I guess that means I am your first sponsor:rockon:

Muchos Gracias young man.. very kind :D
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I could never be humiliated by you... I would be celebrating that people your age can actually still walk. ;D

;D;D;D ... that made me spit tea over my keyboard ;D;D
    edited June 2006
    I now have everything sorted and it is starting to look like we have something going now. We are now up to 15 walkers or 37% of LAN attendees. There are also 15 sponsors with a total potential of $390.00 in sponsorships. I would really like to see all LAN attendees walk to show their support for this event. :)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Yeh, I wish I was comming, but I am working my butt off this summer. I am comming next year, that is written in stone. Not to mention when I dont show up, all these uber prizes are donated. It really looks awesome this year., back on topic:

you are welcome shorty, remember, you gotta win!!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I'd walk, but I have to hold the fort :)
    edited June 2006
    You are the only one with a legitimate reason for not walking! But you will be well represented by your 2 children! :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Try Gas-X.

Oh, wait - you said fort! ;D

Never mind...
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I will walk, if someone will sponsor me.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    So thus far we are pushing $400+ range.. Come on guys let get this to $600.00 are Keebs and I the only big guns donating in this race?
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I will sponsor Ghoosdum, CBDroege, Sharkydart, and CrazyJoe for $1 per mile each. Now someone hook me up with some sponsoring...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I'll hook you up with $1/mile right back atcha. ;)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I already said that I would sponsor any one who sponsors me. That means another $1/mile for Zanthian.

Also, I took a look at the 'sign up to sponsor me' sheet that I left out in the office. I'll leave it out until the last minute tomorrow, but I noticed that there are at least $50 in promised sponsorship dollars so far...:wow2:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    I could have sworn I already posted this... :scratch:

I'll back the Zanth-Man for a buck a mile. :)
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    if its ok by the team, i would like to propose something.

i spoke to SEM Solutions (company), they will donate 1$ per push up.
    so before or after the event, i will do as many as pushups i can do.

its that ok?
    edited June 2006
    That's great!
    edited June 2006
    Woot! Some last minute steam. :D

Lets break $600 or even $1,000!!!
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I will sponsor GHoosdum, CB Droege, and Zanthian each $1 per mile.
    edited June 2006
    Then, as promised, I will sponsor Sharky for the same.
    edited June 2006
    Well.... The walk was VERY late due to missing people but we did do the walk.

mtgoat, QCH2002, GHoosdum, Cyclonite, profdlp, General Keebler, CB Droege, sharkydart, CrazyJoe0813, Kyle, Perry, and Zanthian all walked... Prime walked most of the course....

We started shortly after 12:30 PM. Sadly, QCH sprained his ankle within the first 1/10 of a mile and Profdlp started his steady 3.5 MPH. Prof, GHoosdum, sharkydart, and Zanthian quickly pulled away from the rest of the pack. Kyle and Perry did a great job keeping up with the first group. Keebs started late but ran past everyone to catch the first group. He even carried one of the kids for a while. Prime appeared about a mile into the walk, right behind the first group. CB Droege, and CrazyJoe0813 were keeping a nice steady pace also... QCH, mtgoat, and Cyclonite brought up the rear.

When the first group rounded the last 1/2 mile, Zanthian had to stop........ for a Coke Slushy but it didn't seem to effect his overall time. :D

As for the finish... I believe Zanthian, sharkydart, and GHoosdum all finished within seconds of each other after a mad dash for the finish line. QCH2002 and Profdlp, very close behind, both attempted to run the last 100 yards to find out who would be coughing up the $10. Sadly, this reporter was too pooped after running the last bit to see what happened to Brian, Keebs, Kyle, Perry, CB Droege, and CrazyJoe0813. I know that mtgoat, and Cyclonite arrived shortly after and seemed like best friends... they even stopped and bought some water!!!

All in all... a very good event. I'll leave the donation details to mtgoat but I know that this raised a ton of cash. Thank you everyone of the walkers and to every donator. Thank you mtgoat for the great idea!!!
    edited June 2006
    I agree - this event was great fun for me, and a great bonus for the team. I loved walking around sporting my great "JoinFolding" shirt and shouting at people to join folding.

And don't forget that our powerful friend citrixmeta single-handedly raised $42 for the team with his pushups!
    edited June 2006
    :D

will go for more next year
    edited June 2006
    I missed the pushups!!!! CRAP.... and you did 42!!!! WOW... That's GREAT!!!! Thanks citrixmeta!!!
    edited June 2006
    thanks Q, i think we have it on video!
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    So what about shorty, how much do I have to cough up:D
    edited June 2006
    Shorty, Sledgehammer, and Thrax did not walk... So I guess you own nothing. UNLESS.... you decide to still want to just donate $15? Brian's kids walked and did a great job!!!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I was playing kid-roundup through the walk. We couldn't find Perry, then realized he'd dashed off to the front when we weren't looking. Brian decided to drive to the front to catch up with the kids. I found Kyle half way up the pack and ran with him on my back to get up to Perry. Kyle walked with Brian, and Perry took off at warp again. I caught up with Perry, who then got quite tired and hot 2.5 miles in, so we stopped at a BK for some cherry slushies which I must say made us both feel better :D We finished just ahead of CB and CJ I think. mtgoat and Cyclonite rolled in not long after.
    edited June 2006
    Keebs is an absolute CHAMP for completing the 3-mile trek with a child on his back for most of the way. He has more than earned the funds that he raised for the team in this event.

And Larry... this was such a great idea. Thank you for organizing this thing and getting us to do something to counter all the calories of wonderful food that we ate this weekend.