Fourth Star Wars Trilogy

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX
edited November 2017 in Movies & TV

Disney has just closed a deal with director Rian Johnson to develop a new “Star Wars” trilogy, and it is planning a live-action “Star Wars” TV series to air on its entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch by the end of 2019.

Source - Sorry for terrible source

-Digi

AlexDeGruven

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX

Last Jedi must be good to give Rian a new and unique trilogy already. Keep it comin' boiz.

Cliff_Forster
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan

So much yes. I want a Sith history trilogy plz.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares
    edited November 2017

@BobbyDigi said:
    [...] to air on its entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch by the end of 2019.

Booooooooo

Linc
  • edited November 2017

@Thrax said:
    Last Jedi must be good to give Rian a new and unique trilogy already. Keep it comin' boiz.

That was what I was thinking. From a marketing perspective, it tells the potential audience for the new film that they love it enough to entrust the him with a huge investment going forward.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI

If I have to pay money to a streaming service to see new Star Wars movies, sign me up.

Cliff_Forster
  • @primesuspect said:
    If I have to pay money to a streaming service to see new Star Wars movies, sign me up.

I do prefer a first run in the theater though. It isn't just about the presentation, it's about the communal element of getting fans together.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX

I've not taken the time to dig into the announcement, find better worded sources. I'm hoping that that the quote is actually two separate thoughts...

Disney has just closed a deal with director Rian Johnson to develop a new “Star Wars” trilogy,

and

it is planning a live-action “Star Wars” TV series to air on its entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch by the end of 2019.

Either way, I'm with Prime also, I'll pay a reasonable price for a streaming service for new Star Wars content.

-Digi

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff

As long as it won't be the Porg saga, I'm okay with it.