Google's metadata for my website is v wrong
CB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
I noticed when I was sending a link over discord to a voice acting associate that something is wrong.
So, I went to the googs, and lo and behold, google thinks my website is a blog for middle-aged dating advice articles
I have never written about these topics, so it's not like these are old articles that are still in the cache, and I'm pretty sure this is a fairly recent issue because I've sent that link to others before, and this is the first time this issue has been apparent. (None of those articles even exist, of course, if you click those links, you just get a 404).
How and why could this possibly have happened? More importantly: How can I fix it?
Looks like your DNS has been hacked. When I go to cbdroege.com directly it redirects to sexxdate.net.
It doesn't do that for me, though! Nor for my collegue who I was showing my site to. Why would it do that for some people and not others?
How do I fix it? Do I need to call my domain host?
Um, yes make domain host aware(if they provide DNS for your site)--but note that they might have been hacked and fixed the problem. When I try to go to http://cbdroege.com directly with no www. in front it goes to correct site. DNS is usually (in US) provided for both www.sitename and sitename when one asks for a domain.
I tried to just type in sitename.com without any http:// in front, and got redirected. I would recommend contacting google -- note that they handle entries for foreign sites and US sites with the same indexing also.
Thus a foreign site can have the same index number as an American site. Looks like someone might have hacked that index, possibly.
Bing has got it to.
I don't have any problem if I type in your domain and then navigate from there. Even if I copy the link from the search result no problem. When I _click_ on the same URL in the Google or Bing results, I get boobs.
That's weird Dude.
For giggles I tried Ask.com. It has the wrong description on the results but clicking takes me to your website.
It is indeed still in Google's cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FCDKKAPPNeoJ:cbdroege.com/best-couples-dating-sites+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
You can see a publication date of Aug 30, which I would take at face value.
Is someone else managing this site for you? To me, this looks like your site was hacked a couple months ago and it got cleaned up recently, but Google's re-crawl has been slow to fix everything.
I combed thru your canonicals, DNS, and source code and it doesn't look like anything malicious is still active. My assumption is no further action is required. If you're worried, I'd use Google Webmaster Tools to get alerts of issues in the future and check it for current activity.
It's just a wordpress site installed directly onto my web-server. I'm the only one with (valid) access other than the employees of the web hosting service.
That article is a really weird word-salad.
What's strange is the cached article shows up in your Wordpress theme. Like they either spoofed your DNS and used your theme, or the article had been up in your Wordpress instance for Google's crawl.
Is there anything in your deleted articles like this?
I don't recall your setup clearly - are you running a self-installed copy of Wordpress or is one of those auto-installs off the hosting platform? You may want to make sure Wordpress is as updated as possible to get their latest security patches.
Uh, hmmmm... @CB :
Your site itself is probably intact, Google's indexing or cached index data is probably wrong -- or some DNS main registrar's directory of what points to what has been hacked or is wrong -- in simple words, routing info points to wrong place for one entry, the entry for cbdroege.com without any http:// in front of it. The http:// in front of the domain name tells the DNS computers to look for domains with a certain port open. Most US sites are ruled by ICAAN which specifies that there be an http:// entry for all sites automatically added when a plain domain name is given. The plain domain name is on Google. So, since I do not know which rules apply, I do not know if Google has been hacked or the DNS pointing to your server itself has been hacked.
I THINK that someone took advantage of the hole in not tying cbdroege.com to http://cbdroege.com and rerouted the first of those.