Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season: 2020 edition

pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

So we have our 3rd named storm of the year, which means I am a bit late in making this post.

TS Cristobal is currently in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico making a nearly straight run from the Yucatan to Louisiana. Over here in Big Bend/Forgotten Coast area of Florida, we are seeing some quite heavy rain and a little bit of gusty wind. This storm is not projected to achieve hurricane status, but will still have an impact due to rain and some minor coastal flooding (storm surge). This is significant because the majority of the moisture in this storm system is off to the E and NE of the center of circulation, main impacts of rain and coastal flooding will be from Mobile, AL, to Cedar Key, FL.

Hopefully this storm doesn't slow down and gain hurricane status, but we do desperately need the rain across much of the South, so this is probably a good thing.

MrTRiotStraight_Manprimesuspect

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

We got enough rain down here, thanks.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

It has been raining all day today. I really need to mow the grass so hopefully it clears up tomorrow.

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

More than 6" of rain at my house in the past 30 hours or so, but parts of the central FL are getting up to 12" of rain out of this system. Great. We need the rain, but it will turn the bays and near shore Gulf waters into straight mud for weeks; DO WANT TO GO FISHING!