Satisfactory.

RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Satisfactory is a game much like Factorio, except in 3D. You start with meager resources, then automate up to a bonkers scale base that can make thousands of things at the same time. You collect resources, fight aliens who stand in your way to making their ugly planet beautiful and organized, and you can drink coffee!

This is a corner of our second large base, where we've tried organizing things. This corner makes iron and steel into some medium level finished goods like heavy steel frames.

Eventually, we ran out of iron, so we made a remote base that mines, and smelts down the iron into something more usuable, and then sends it back on 6 fully loaded conveyor belts. Its a lot of iron, and we probably should have build a monorail to handle this. The scale of this iron production is by far the biggest we've done before.

Here is the back side showing 1 of the 6 mines that powers the remote iron base. Each mine needs 8 smelters to process all the iron at 30 iron ingots per minute. We organized each into a floor... its huge.

Here you see us converting the ugly alien world into something more aesthetically pleasing and organized.

In general, for early release game, its pretty well thought out. There are some bugs (like the hyper tubes for transport being sort of buggy) but overall, I've been enjoying throwing time at this monster of a game.

ObsidianGHoosdumSonorousmas0nCBBlackHawkprimesuspectBuddyJAlexDeGruvenStrikesMassalinieGotVdarkpepe

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

My friends and I just started this game, and have decided to create the "Saddest Factory" where we make everything is annoying complicated and inefficient as possible while still doing work.

Each "area" can only make a single product, then it has to be trucked to a new area. So Iron Ore that needs to be smelted has to be trucked into the Iron Smeltery area. Then loaded into a truck and drove to a different area that will make Plates or Rods. Then trucked to the next area, and so on. For everything. This is going to be irritating and funny.

KwitkoMassalinie
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Update 4 just dropped on the Experimental build. Lots of new content. Looks amazing, but I'll wait for the Early Access release coming in April.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2021

Update 5 is around the corner. They've made some serious improvements and added another load of content. Coffee Stain has listened to the players:

• New building blocks (roofs, small columns, new materials, beams).
    • Improved build functionality (e.g. quick switch to different foundation types).
    • New machine graphics.
    • Improved transportation AI. Maybe they'll finally get around to fixing trains as well.

Update to the update:
    Update 5 will have train signals, no more clipping problems, and collision detection.