fitting zalman cnps7000

GarethGareth Wales
edited July 2003 in Hardware
I've just been doing a dry run to see how thr cnps7000 lines up ready for fitting onto a P4 2.4c
With the Heatsink sitting on the cpu, the screws which go through the clip into the clip support are too short to reach the thread without putting some initial tension on the clip.
I can get the screws to start engaging with the thread, but was wondering about the final tightening.
Should the bolts be screwed in all the way until the underside of the clip is actually in contact with the clip support ?
OR is there a gap between the underside of the clip and the top of the clip support ?
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks... Gareth

Comments

• WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    pfff....try both ways :)....thats how i usually figure things out..but from what im imaganing i would screw it the whole way down...u dont want ur fan to cause any uneeded vibrations cuz itll be loud and wont get the job done properly
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    have you tried RTFM?
  • GarethGareth Wales
    edited July 2003
    Yes I have read the manual, such as it is, but it's not clear how it finaly lines up.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2003
    http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnps7000cu.htm

Try clicking the rightmost image in the first row directly under the heading "components" the image says "click here"

Hopefully that's a bit better than the manual...
  • GarethGareth Wales
    edited July 2003
    Thanks Geeky1, yes I have already seen the animation.
    What I was really hopeing for was someone with real life experience of actulally fitting one of these.
    I'm fairly certain that it needs to be screwed all the way down, but it would be nice to have it confirmed by someone who has done one for him/her self.

Gareth