64 Bit Area

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited February 2004 in Community
I was surfing planetamd64.com and It hit me! We should have a section dedicated to the 64bit windows/ 64 bit cpu / 64bit apps. Might bring more enthusist looking for help with 64bit into the community. Also i propose a 64bit power emoticon

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    I propose it be a subsection of the appropriate forums:

CPUs, Apps, Windows, etc.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    not a bad idea. This is a new area where we can be amongst the pioneers.

I'll run it through staff forum and we'll see what comes out of it.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    not a bad idea. This is a new area where we can be amongst the pioneers.

I'll run it through staff forum and we'll see what comes out of it.

"Club64" major Area???

Yeah, PLEASE go for it if you-all at staff and owner level want to.... In this case, highlighting edgy will get notice, because it is a gen change and not just a minor change-- Spiders will see it better if it is gen focused for this gen change and it is hot right now and will be for a while in terms of years. Some things will leak over, those that are common across gens, but there are some issues that are generational alone. The gen change aspects will carry into the next 2-3 years and be a lot of fodder(stuff lots of mammals have to chew on and digest to grasp aright or get full benefit of) for thought and discussion. After it is more defacto stuff, merge back into the main areas, then go with the next gen for special treatment. Cutting edge howto and how-not-to is hot.

I think the hardware and software focus will change to 64 being more and more defacto, but that the tuning for 64 bit and details of how it is better or worse on its own do not apply to 32 bit as much in many cases.

John D.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Welcome to Club 64.

Prime's getting good with those forum controls ;) The appropriate threads have been moved in for a kickstart.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    That was fast! Good work. Let's pump it for all it's worth.
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited February 2004
    Someone should probly make some stickies for that section. Hrm... maybe I will when I get home.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited February 2004
    [Rally the troops] A FAQ's thread is up in there now :woowoo:. Those people who have hands on experience with 64-Bit hardware, software and what not, it would be great if you could take the time to contribute something. I've posted basic AMD64 info direct from AMD, but it could do with something a bit more hands on and personal. Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated.

I know which of you guys and gals are in the 64-bit club, one post each would go a long way. Don't make me chase you round the forums. :wink: It's your club, let's make it good one. :cheers: [/Rally the troops]

Here's the thread: http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10385