Got me a check from the CD MAP settlement today

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited March 2004 in Internet & Media
:clap:

It's only a hot $13.87 but man, I earned it by getting screwed by the price gouging RIAA.

Who else joined that class action lawsuit (was it like two years ago, already?) ?

Well, I got my check today. Not sure if I'll cash it or frame it yet ;)

Comments

• FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited February 2004
    Me too!! and my girlfriend did yesterday.

I was quite suprised.

Howz dat for irony?
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    make a color copy of it to frame, then cash it. make those bastards pay
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Damn, you beat me. Mine was $13.86.
  • edited March 2004
    I told my friend about it...he got it. I just can't remember whether or not I actually signed up for it. We'll see if there's anything waiting for me over spring break :).
  • edited March 2004
    I could use an easy $13... Where was I when this signup thing went on?

Damnit.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited March 2004
    It's over I cant find the exact url but it was something like cdmusicsettlement.com. Application deadline was march 2003.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    frame it don't cash it brian ...make their cpa's sweat for two years then cash it! ;D
    My ex-girlfriends dad got a check once for $.01 from and oil and gas thing ...it's framed on his wall.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    csimon wrote:
    frame it don't cash it brian ...make their cpa's sweat for two years then cash it! ;D

I would do that, but they void the check after 90 days. This is far and away the largest class action settlement I've ever been a part of. I've been a claimant in 4 cases, and up until now my largest settlement was around $0.25.