Trouble-->Sil3112A on Albatron KX18D-PROII

2»

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2004
    I'm still waiting to make the jump to SATA, but is it possible that the LED is for IDE only?

I know if you use an add-on HD Controller card you can say goodbye to the IDE LED (except for cdroms hooked to it, etc).
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2004
    profdlp wrote:
    I'm still waiting to make the jump to SATA, but is it possible that the LED is for IDE only?
    It's possible, but it would have to be a motherboard design flaw, as that behavier is not inherent to how stuff like that works. (I think).

I've had HD LED problems on various mobo's, the latest being a MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R, that was SATA, and I never got to the bottom of it. But I never tested to see if it did it with the standard PATA controller.

All I know is, 90% of the SATA/PATA supporting mobo's that have come my way all have fully functioning HD LED's under both controllers. My NF7-S included.

So yeah, you might be right Prof', but it would be a bug with the board rather than a general rule for when using third party controllers.

It may still be just a dead jumper. The easiest way to find out is to stick a PATA drive in there. :)

Cheers
  • edited December 2004
    Park_7677 wrote:
    Glad to see you've got stuff running again Flintstone :)

I've got your BIOS and have found out that the SATA BIOS it uses is old. The latest is 4247.rom, as you see below Albatron uses 4212.rom. This is a couple of versions old :-/. Your BIOS is able to have the SATA BIOS replaced very simply. It can be done, but there will need to be an understanding of a disclaimer if later on you want to do so.

-PaRK

Does anyone know how I can update my SATA BIOS from version 4.2.20 to 4.2.27 on an Albatron KX18D Pro II?
  • edited December 2004
    I've been discussing the LED issue with both Albatron and Sillicon Image, and it appears that Albatron was very eager to release the board that they did not consider this as a "show stopper" and therfore the design flaw, is now our experience... :bawling:
  • edited September 2005
    Hello,
    Can somebody tell me, how I can Update my Bios of the Albatron KX18DPro II (1.10a) with the new SATA Bios from Silicon Image?

rgds

Angelo
  • edited December 2005
    Oh my god have i been offline for this long.
    Just got back online after quite an absence it seems.
    I was looking around for updates for the old comp and remembered this thread.
    I would also be keen on a modded bios for the Albatron KX18DPro II with the latest Sil3112 sata bios.
    If some one has this or could do one would be much appreciated.
    Thanx

Sanies

BTW the sata bios version I have is 4.2.12