Three must have Items for safe Browsing!

CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
edited April 2004 in Spyware & Virus Removal
Spyware Gaurd/Blaster Runs in the systray and blocks the stuff from ever getting installed! There's 2 different ones, it's your choice. (I know because omega never got me!)

Ad-ware Remover I've been using this program for years with nothing but sucess!

Panicware Product Line I use their pop-up blocker, which yes, If I was smarter I would just pay for their software......

These are MUST HAVE peices of software if you surf the web and are over 18! :wink:

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    I also suggest SpyBot Search and Destroy. Sometimes it catches stuff that adaware leaves behind, and vice versa
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2004
    Post edited. Please see forum rules, concerning warez. Please look at item 4 here http://www.short-media.com/forum/announcement.php?f=35&announcementid=2
    4. Open sharing of warez, warez links, serial numbers, key codes, cracks for any and all software will be deleted and is otherwise prohibited. Also, please note that emulators are legal, but the games are only legal if they were distributed by the owner. Discussion of obtaining software or music illegally through P2P programs is considered a form of warez and will be likewise removed.

Necropolis_uk
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited April 2004
    pirate anyone. Don't talk about that in here.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited April 2004
    forum rules, suggesting warez is against the rules
  • hitokirihitokiri NYC
    edited April 2004
    imho, mozilla firefox is pretty essential with its built-in pop-up blocker and none of that ActiveX crud. I used to use the free version of Panicware's pop-up stopper back when I used to use IE, its pretty awesome, but now theres the Google Toolbar which works just as well.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Ad-Aware for it's search function... I use Spybot Searcha nd Destory for it's Search function for what Ad-Aware leaves behind, and vice versa.

SpyBot also has the HUGE HOSTS file so that Adware won't work if it is installed, and the blocker for keeping "some" adware from ever being installed. It also is useful for locking your IE Control stuff, so your browser won't be hijacked.

No Anti Virus or Real Time scanner for me, no way. I have a good Netgear Firewall/Router... and I just don't dl virus's.

Ohh yeah, and I only use IE for windows update... for the rest of the time I use Mozilla 1.7a or b whichever it was, can't remember.

So far it has been foolproof.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2004
    Umm... Ooops. :hiding:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    In my security toolbox:
    eTrust AV
    SpywareBlaster
    Ad-Aware
    Spybot S&D
    TrojanHunter
    Script Sentry
    I use Avant Browser, which is a shell for IE. Between that and the Google toolbar, I never get popups. I also use a hosts file from [url=hthttp://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm]mvps.org[/url].
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    FWIW, I've done this and I've never gotten any spyware/adware.
This discussion has been closed.