A little video I made....

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited April 2004 in Internet & Media
IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY SOMEBODY FLIPPING A MIDDLEFINGER OR TWO, DON"T BOTHER WATCHING

Here's something for y'all to check out.

www.short-media.com/images/slayermaskfinal.wmv - 14.7 Mb

I used MS MovieMaker to make this, very first time using it and must say, it rocks. This will be the first of many video's with this little program. :thumbup

Hopefully you guys like Slayer because that is the soundtrack. Eventually, all my vid's will be of my band's music.

Hope you all like it. :)

BTW - You may wonder what's up with all the middlefinger's, that is the name of our band, it just comes naturally.

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    You guys have some serious issues you need to work through.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Mr. Kwitko wrote:

Yes, and your point is? :D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    TBonZ wrote:
    Yes, and your point is? :D
    In spite of your mental state, the video was still cool.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2004
    Wow. that was.... Interesting. ;D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2004
    Mr. Kwitko wrote:

Ditto.

Not sure if getting that place for your band was good or not?;)
    edited April 2004
    It was all made in good fun, must keep life...how did the Gr81 put it....interesting, yes, that's it. :buck:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    very interesting ...looks like you guys have lots of fun.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    A little too crazy for me. But it was consistant at least.
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited April 2004
    ;D
    Nice vid there TBonz
    Where is that jam space you guys were at in the video? Do you rent it out or is it one of the band members 'cribs'? Also, have you and your band cut anything in the studio or otherwise? (Tascam 4 track ghetto-ness etc)
    Post up some tunes! :Rocker:
    edited April 2004
    paroxym - That space is located in downtown Ottawa in a commercial building. It is a 550sq.ft fulltime jamspace which we all rent. It's my home away from home and I just love it, we all do for that matter.

We haven't cut anything profesionally as of yet but that will change as we just finally landed a decent singer after a year of searching. We have always been recording but mostly for capturing little riffs and such that comes out during practice. My bass player has a Tascam 4-Track (nice little unit) but we pretty much just run a single mic into the soundcard and capture the music with cooledit. It's basically just for "our ears only" at this point. I always promised when we got it together that my bud's on S-M will be among the first to get a listen to. :)
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    WOOT!!!!!!!!!!! White guys that act white!!!!!!!1 OMFG! I thought we had all but died out! great song for the video too! Oh yea, who in gods name is playing that telecaster!? Do you play metal with it or just some bluesy stuff?
    edited April 2004
    Creep wrote:
    WOOT!!!!!!!!!!! White guys that act white!!!!!!!1 OMFG! I thought we had all but died out! great song for the video too! Oh yea, who in gods name is playing that telecaster!? Do you play metal with it or just some bluesy stuff?

LOL!!!! ;D Yeah I thought that Slayer tune would work well for that video and it does.

That's me playing the guitar and it's actually an old Samick with an EMG active humbucker, nice and thick sound. We play blues, straight-up rock as well as some metal. We play a lot of acoustic stuff too, we want to be able to play anywhere when we're ready to hit the road.
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited April 2004
    Tbonz
    I've played in a couple bands and we also have a trusty little four tracker Tascam. Great tool for putting ideas down but it really doesnt cut it when you want to produce something really crisp. The big problem is mics and the ridiculous cost of said mics. :p Great to hear you have a space to work ideas out in. I was, and still am, confined to my basement and working my music around my parents 'tolerance' schedule can be pretty tough. :D
    Looking forward to hearing some material :thumbsup:
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    EMG's are great pickups. What you play sounds just like what I play, a little bit of everything.
    edited April 2004
    paroxym wrote:
    Tbonz
    I was, and still am, confined to my basement and working my music around my parents 'tolerance' schedule can be pretty tough. :D

I know exactly what you mean, if it wasn't for this space I wouldn't even be able to play. I'm a drummer and only started a couple of years ago, I would never have been able to get enough practice in to even bother playing drums otherwise as my living situation during this time does not allow me to play at home.

I agree about the Tascam and the mics, we now have 2 good mics and 2 not so good microphones, damn expensive they are.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Thats funnay... ;D;D;D

Reminds me of the old days with my bands. Il have to dig out some stuff we did. I think my folks have got a recording of me playing drums with a mates band.. doing a black flag song ;D

That the :cool: Mr 'Bonz
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited April 2004
    Yep, that'll do :D

Big smiles time.
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited April 2004
    Thats was great ;D:thumbsup:
    edited April 2004
    Hehe, glad you liked it guys, cheers!
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited April 2004
    Pretty cool Terry! Looking forward to future productions. :)

Didn't take long to download the file either...
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited April 2004
    Yes, pretty cool, though I wish I hadn't watched it just before I was planning to go to bed. :banghead:

Keep 'em coming though mate. :thumbsup:
    edited April 2004
    Spinner wrote:
    Yes, pretty cool, though I wish I hadn't watched it just before I was planning to go to bed. :banghead:

Don't tell me the Wolfman, Alien guy and Pinhead will be givin' you nightmares tonight!

Be sure to check under the bed mate! ;D

Thx MrBill. Yes, the S-M pipeline rocks for d'load speeds. :beer: