XP1700+ JIUHB.... yet again

paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Yup, I figured I would jump on the bandwagon, albiet a little late, and throw my latest OC up on the boards for your amusement.
I picked up this 1700+ JIUHB around the same time leishi and others were frantic over their crazy overclocks . Well, until now I had been trapped on an ancient (?!?) :p Kr7A-RAID and wasnt able to get much outta my chip or my OCZ PC2700 EL rev. 3.2. I have since picked up an Abit NF7-s Rev. 2 and I must say, I didnt think I was gonna be able to push it this high. See for your self...
oc.gif
Its not the highest OC in the world but the FSB and memory timiings I was able to pull totally caught me by surprise.
When I get a free moment or two I plan to push the Vcore a little more and see if theres any more juice in this chip.

/PX

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Not too bad considering its PC2700. 40mhz out of spec.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    You should be able to do faster than that, too. :)
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Yep. I got the same kind of chip this week (damn they're cheap!) and I'm testing around 2400MHz now, just air cooled. Keep pushing it! :)
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited June 2003
    I thinks this ram reached it limits though. I booted up at 210 and 208, both at 2.9v vdimm and had it crap out after about 5 mins in prime95. I'm also a little weary of jumping the voltage on the vcore beyond 1.8for the sake of a few extra mhz... not to mention having to cool that OC once the weather here warms up. :p (I'm at about 45c full load, SmartFanII at full bore, in a chilly room.:cool: )

It seems pretty cozy where its at but Im sure Ill end up fiddlin around with it again.

Where are the rest of you XP1700+ Oc'ers at?? :D

/PX
    edited June 2003
    oc2.jpgoc1.jpg

I can go faster, but the computer isn't being restarted to try. It's going until it crashes, or I have to take it to the next LAN party.

43*C/111*F full load.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    I think I might pick me up another 1700+, the price is soo tempting right now. You guys better stop posting those screen shots before you make me pull out the credit card.
  • hprhpr :o hi o:
    edited June 2003
    okies guys, what week are those chips, cause i just picked me up a jiuhb 0312 1.6vcore default and its at 2200 and 1.8vcore right now, i am positive it can do higher but the raid on my KX7 died and both my hard drives are on the IDE chans and i dont want them ****ing up on me :| that and i think that my ram sucks too :|
    edited June 2003
    My chip is a 0308 I believe, 1.6 volts as well.
    Its my guess that Thrax's chip is one of the newer DLTC (1.5v) as he's runnin it pretty high for what appears to be a slightly higher vcore than what mine runs at stock.

The board made all the difference in the world for my OC'ing experience. My ram would ceiling pretty quick, being held back by my old via266 chipset.

Clutch: Grab one and join in the fun. Those 1700's are too much of a bargain to pass up :D

/PX
    edited June 2003
    JIUHB/DLT3C/0310/WPMW

The best there is besides the 0319 of the same type.

<b>Shameless motherboard plug:</b>
    <I>Abit NF7-S 2.0 with the A1/C1 stepping is the best motherboard around.

[:] 8rda+ is scarcely available in anything but A1/A2
    [:] 8rda3+ is not available with the MCP-T
    [:] A7N8X doesn't reach the Abit's bus speeds

The NF7-S overclocks expertly, is stable, has excellent features, has the MCP-T, and is 95% available in A1/C1 varieties</I>
    edited June 2003
    paroxym said

Clutch: Grab one and join in the fun. Those 1700's are too much of a bargain to pass up :D

/PX

I'm considering it right now. The only problem that I'm seeing right now, is that I don't have enough money right away to put together a complete build. So I don't know if I should go ahead and pick me up a 1700+ while the prices are so low, and wait for video card prices to drop. Or should I just wait until say the 2000+ prices drop which probably want be too soon, but if I do wait then I could risk the 1700's going out of stock also. Too many decisions I tell ya.
    edited June 2003
    Mine's 0312 VPMW, 1.6 VCore default (that's DUT3C right? confusing, hehe). And JIUHB of course, from Newegg last week.

I have a SLK-800 with a ~50CFM mediocre fan. I got to 2.4GHz by using a high multi and a lowish (166-175) FSB, as well as high voltage (2.2V). It's a KD7-RAID by the way. Anyway, paroxym, can you up the multi any and let off the FSB a bit? No board's top multi is 11.0...
    edited June 2003
    EMT said
    Anyway, paroxym, can you up the multi any and let off the FSB a bit? No board's top multi is 11.0...

Yeah, the multi goes up to 22 on the NF7. However, I'm crunching on a WU right now so I'm waiting for a break before I reboot this puppy and try to push her a little more.

I would have tried taking my vcore as high as 2.2 to stablize a higher clock but I'm kinda weary of doing so. What kinda of temps are you holding at load with that slk-800? I have a sk7 myself and with my SmartFanII (in addition to all four 35cfm case fans) running full speed, I can hold it down at around 44-45*C. Also, is that 2400mhz overclock stable? I had my chip clocked higher but it was choking out on f@h and prime95.

/PX

//Edit* "Can I make it through a post without SP errors?! Geez." :p
    edited June 2003
    I'm interested in knowing what EMT's cooling situation is looking like. How many case fans are you running? And how stable was it running when you had it to 2.4Ghz?
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited June 2003
    Thrax said
    oc2.jpgoc1.jpg

I can go faster, but the computer isn't being restarted to try. It's going until it crashes, or I have to take it to the next LAN party.

43*C/111*F full load.

Nice! I have the same chip but XPMW instead!

Do you fold 100% problem free with that voltage? I found that this cpus get warmer that 1.6v brothers... The max I could squeeze it was 2.5Ghz@ 1.925v NOT 100% stable.

I`m now running it at 2.35Ghz @ 1.7v (though it can run at 1.65v too but once in a while it craps some gromac WU)
    edited June 2003
    Folding runs 24/7 with those temps and settings. In fact, my computer has been up consistently for as many days and hours as my sig states.

I'll push it farther when the computer crashes, or I have to turn it off to take it to a LAN party.

But right now, 1.65v, 2.33GHz and 111*F is just fine by me.

I want 230 x 11 though.
  • edited June 2003
    Wow, after seeing these results, I cant wait for my 1700+ (same stepping) to show up tommrow! Looks like it will be a real high roller.

Nice OCs everyone!
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited June 2003
    TheSmJ said
    Wow, after seeing these results, I cant wait for my 1700+ (same stepping) to show up tommrow! Looks like it will be a real high roller.

Nice OCs everyone!

Post your results as soon as you have them! Good luck!
    edited June 2003
    Well, I decided to throw a little more juice into this chip and also back off on the fsb just a tad. Here's what I ended up with
    2.33ghz.jpg
    Hmm, not bad. :p It's burning it with f@h and Prime at the moment.
    Also, a quick question for y'all - I upped my vcore to 1.85 yet it only shows 1.808-1.824 in Cpu-z as well as in MBM. Any idea why this is?
    Thanks in advance.

/PX
    edited June 2003
    Probably because it's just not being supplied 1.85v...
    edited June 2003
    Yeah, the voltage is just under spec. Set it a little higher than you want it to be, I guess.
    Clutch said
    I'm interested in knowing what EMT's cooling situation is looking like. How many case fans are you running? And how stable was it running when you had it to 2.4Ghz?

I have a Chieftec case with side & front 80mm fans (that's 2) and 2 output on the back. Also the PSU has a fan inside the case and outside.

I had about 2450MHz run for 2 days (folding) but unfortunately I came back from dinner last night and it was gone. Now I'm trying 2408MHz and crossing my fingers on stability. Temps are System 56ºC & CPU 54ºC according to Winbond - that's on the surface of the CPU, right?
    edited June 2003
    Thrax said
    Probably because it's just not being supplied 1.85v...

The weird thing is that in the bios' Health staus section it shows the vcore at 1.85. :confused: Ah well.

/PX
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    here is a little screen of my OC, not the highest, but here it is
    cpu.jpg 55.5K
    edited June 2003
    leishi85 said
    here is a little screen of my OC, not the highest, but here it is

Heh, looks pretty good to me. What kinda voltage are you putting through that chip and whats coolin' the beast?

/PX
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    1.85 vcore, and only cooled by a slk800 with a 40 some cfm fan, but H2O coming to my rig soon, so stay tuned.
    edited June 2003
    Hey man, nice! Is it DUT3C or DLT3C?
    edited June 2003
    DLT3C.
  • PaulPaul Member
    edited June 2003
    EMT said
    Hey man, nice! Is it DUT3C or DLT3C?

I've forgotten over the past couple months, doesn't DLT3C mean t-bred A and DUT3C mean t-bred b?

I have a JIUCB
    edited June 2003
    DLT3C means 1.5v
    DUT3C means 1.6v
  • PaulPaul Member
    edited June 2003
    Ah, so if I ordered in January I must have the 1.6v version
    edited June 2003
    Yes.