Newest Video Drivers (ATI, NVidia, 3dfx, Matrox, SiS & PowerVR)

Comments

• danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited September 2003
    SimGuy said
    Easy there guys. I usually design for 1024x768 as thats the minimum resolution most people use now adays. :)

Personally, I run 1280x1024, so I usually end up pushing bars and things a little too far.

I'll shrink the bars and see how things work out. :)

Thanks for the comments & I'll definately look into adding the Omega voodoo drivers. I didn't even know that he made any! :)

OT Here, 1280x1024 isn't a 4:3 resolution. 1280x960 is a true 4:3, so the 1280x1024 usually stretches things a bit. So therefore, I always run 1280x960
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited September 2003
    All the wallpapers I have are 1280x1024.
    A 5:4 aspect ratio is fine by me, plus it gives me more desktop space.

On the 21" Trinitron, I run 1800:1440, again another 5:4 aspect ratio.

If someone runs 800x600 on today's systems, they really should invest in a new monitor. :D
    edited September 2003
    icon4.gifLatest Additions: icon4.gif
    -> Added NVidia Detonator FX 45.33 (Win2K/XP) (thanks Spinner)
    edited September 2003
    FYI Only:

The world can expect to see the Catalyst 3.8 drivers to be released the afternoon of October 8th.

It has been confirmed via ATI Staff that one of the main features will be that Catalyst will now include a game settings profile selector, in which you can store what level of AA/AF you want certain games to run at.

As well, an integrated overclocking utility will be shipped with the Catalyst 3.8's, allowing anyone to overclock their ATI-based video adapter (if it supports it).

More information will be available October 8th from www.atitech.ca
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    GRR! Cat 3.8 is released 5 days too late for me to download it before LANWAR!
    edited September 2003
    -> Added Matrox Parhelia 1.05 Driver (Win2K/XP Only) (thanks Spinner)
    edited October 2003
    -> Added ATI Catalyst 3.8 WHQL (All Windows Versions)
    -> Added ATI Control Panel 3.8 (All Windows Versions)
    edited October 2003
    -> Added Omega Catalyst 3.8 (All Windows Versions) (thanks GHoosdum)
    -> Added NVidia Detonator FX 52.13 Beta (Win2K/XP Only)
    edited October 2003
    -> Added NVidia ForceWare 52.16 WHQL (Win2K/XP Only)

//Edit: I appologize for having all the red "X's" on the main post, as the ISP webspace where those graphics are being hosted is offline for the next 10 days. I'm in the process of porting those graphics to a new host. ;)

//DoubleEdit: Graphics back online :)
    edited October 2003
    How are these at video playback? All of the drivers later than 44.03 have caused bad video playback (improper color and frame synching, and causing a sort of ghosting)
    edited October 2003
    They seem to be working fine so far on my Asus GF4 Ti4400 & BFG Asylum GF FX 5900 Ultra, other than a visible choppiness in the original Unreal Tournament (however that could be due to the instances of folding@home running on both of those PC's).
    edited October 2003
    As seen in my sig, I have a PNY Verto GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP4x 64MB video card.

For the life of me, I have never been able to get it to run in AGP mode on my KD7-RAID. It ran in AGP mode when I had my KX7-333R

I'm hoping this issue will be resolved when I get the NF7-S v2.0, and if it doesn't then its the video card.
    edited October 2003
    Have you tried disabling 8x VLINK in the BIOS?

Reading up on the ABIT forums, a boatload of people have been having AGP problems with selected video cards on the KD7 & KD7-RAID motherboards. Disabling 8x VLINK seems to help in some situations.
    edited October 2003
    Tried that, I don't think it ever worked.
    edited November 2003
    -> Fixed Omega Catalyst 3.8 Download Links (Thanks MoXon)
    -> Fixed Omega Detonator FX 45.23 Download Links (Thanks MoXon)
    edited November 2003
    -> Added ATI Catalyst Driver Suite 3.9 WHQL (All Windows Versions)
    -> Added ATI Control Panel 3.9 (All Windows Versions)
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Any reports on the 3.9's yet?
    edited November 2003
    I haven't had a chance to peruse any of the other boards yet...
    I'm still downloading them as we speak.. :)
  • SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited November 2003
    53.03 Drivers avalivable http://bfgtech.com/images/5303_IS-NV111403D.zip

Updates to this driver:

Improved support for HDTV Modes

Corrected the following issues from 52.16:

* Clone mode may be set for the GeForce FX 5600 although only one display is connected.
    * GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: When 4x FSAA is enabled, half of the screen is black in Tiger Woods 2004 introductory video.
    * GeForce4 MX 440 and GeForce4 Ti 4400, Windows XP: Blue-screen crash during Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat.
    * GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Homeworld2 antialiased performance is slow.
    * GeForce FX 5950 Ultra and GeForce4 Ti 4400, Windows XP: Rendering corruption in Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat.
    * GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: “X2: The Threat” benchmark is choppy or jerky in some places.
    * All GeForce FX: Intermittently, Warcraft III videos are not displayed properly on some systems.

Downloading them now hopefully i can use my tv with them the last set killed it.
    edited November 2003
    I take it these are only for Win2K/XP?
    Let me know how it works out for ya and I'll get them posted up here :)
  • SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited November 2003
    Yeah i think they're xp only, but ill check the info that comes with them when its done.

//Edit Ok XP only, working fine for graphics, but overlay still not working for me (been broken since they added this nview 3 thing or whatever it was called).
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    NOTICE!:

The Omega 3.9 ATi Drivers DO NOT work as well as the standard ATi 3.9's. I have 9000 Radeon and the Omega's where causing artifacts in multiple games. If you have noticed a performance drop with the latest set then it's probably affecting you also...

Just a heads up!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    yeah I didnt have a good first impression of omegas either ...seems bloated if you ask me.
    edited November 2003
    These are the first set I have seen that are worse then the ATi's. I started using them around 3.4 if I recall right. I used to use the Omega drivers for my Voodoo 4, they worked the best, lord knows i tried about 40 before I found those!
    edited November 2003
    Creep had this to say
    These are the first set I have seen that are worse then the ATi's. I started using them around 3.4 if I recall right. I used to use the Omega drivers for my Voodoo 4, they worked the best, lord knows i tried about 40 before I found those!

Man, I hear you on that. www.voodoofiles.com has some good unsupported V3/V4/V5 driver packages, but none were as good as Omega's. :)

I'm hearing rumours that the Catalyst 3.10's are due within the next 1-3 weeks (as ATI has promised to have 12 driver releases per year)...

Has anyone notified Omega about the problems experienced? Maybe with a little info, he can get to the bottom of what was going on?
    edited November 2003
    I dont know abou that, I think I'll just stick with the ATi's for awhile, they are working well.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    SimGuy: Are they actually calling it Cat 3.10? That doesn't make much sense, since it would be so easy to confuse it with Cat 3.1...?
    edited November 2003
    GHoosdum had this to say
    SimGuy: Are they actually calling it Cat 3.10? That doesn't make much sense, since it would be so easy to confuse it with Cat 3.1...?

I know what you mean, but AFAIK ATI is going to call it Catalyst 3.10.

Oh the headaches... :D

Not to worry though... as they will start with the Catalyst 4 series in 2004 which is getting so close. :)

Definately a plus :)
    edited December 2003
    -> Added NVidia ForceWare 53.03 WHQL (Windows 2K/XP) (Thanks Spinner)
    -> Added NVidia ForceWare 53.04 WHQL (Windows 98/Me) (Thanks Spinner)