cases with good cooling

BudBud Chesterfield, Va
edited June 2004 in Hardware
Im thinking of getting a new case. Id like one iwth good cooling and quiet. It will have a 1900+, 256mb PC3200, 9000 vid card, 2x 250GB drives. I need this thing to be real real quiet.

Comments

• Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited May 2004
    How much modding are you willing to do?
    Do you mind a big case? (big case = quieter cooling if done properly)
    Is weight a consideration?
    What about appearance?
    How much did you want to spend?
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited May 2004
    id like to spend around $50-80 if possable I dont mind modding and size and weight dont matter. Less modding would be better if it fits in budget.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Almost anything coolermaster or lian-li makes are choice with no modding; if your willing to maybe spend a little more.. about 120-150. i have the coolermaster cm stacker. very good case.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2004
    Almost anything coolermaster or lian-li makes

I'm going to have to disagree. As far as I'm concerned, every case that Lian-Li and Coolermaster make, with a few exceptions, are crap from a cooling standpoint. And I'm not real thrilled with the build quality (at least on Lian-Li, never built anything in a Coolermaster) either.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    I would suggest a chieftec case then. A chieftec dragon series. Only supports 80mm fans tho which will be louder than 92mm or 120mm fans that push the same amount of air.
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited June 2004
    any case can be made quiet but if you really want to bring down the noise I suggest a case that has 120mm fans in front and back.. those big fans turn slower and are very quiet and yet move large volumes of air...

Gobbles
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    i second Gobbles
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited June 2004
    Rheobus...fan problems solved.
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited June 2004
    Well for my next case I'm going to try this case.

Jeantech Phong

Its seriously cheap £35 ($25), includes a rheobus & has 120mm fans front & back. With the money I save I can then spend extra on a really quiet psu.

Have to agree with Geeky on the Lian Li cooling as well. To get good airflow on mine I've had to remove the hard drive caddy plus the standard 80mm fans are loud.