Half-Life : The Movie

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
In a recent report posted by Variety, Valve software, the brains behind the phenomenally successful Half-Life computer game, are apparently talking with some Hollywood studios about a feature movie based on the game.

Now that would be some film! No offense Miss Croft, but I'd put my money on Gordon Freeman anyday.

The original report:
http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=upsell_article&articleID=VR1117889133&cs=1

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Spinner said
    In a recent report posted by Variety, Valve software, the brains behind the phenomenally successful Half-Life computer game, are apparently talking with some Hollywood studios about a feature movie based on the game.

Now that would be some film! No offense Miss Croft, but I'd put my money on Gordon Freeman anyday.

The original report:
    http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=upsell_article&articleID=VR1117889133&cs=1

Dont need any movie, Half-Life 2 IS like a friggin movie :P J/K

W00T! I agree.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    They've been in discussion about it for 3 years.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2003
    So I take it I'm the only one here who hasn't played the original HL to any great degree? I've got 2 copies of it- one came with my 8500, the other with the rage 128, and I've never gotten into it in detail...
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    lets hope it doesnt flop like most videogame->movie titles (need i remind u of mario bros??)
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    WuGgaRoO said
    lets hope it doesnt flop like most videogame->movie titles (need i remind u of mario bros??)

I actually quite liked Mario Bros... doh!:banghead:
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2003
    what is the recent deal with hollywood making games and comics into movies... i dont like it :-(
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Oh god, can anyone say "resident evil" -- SUCK!!!!!
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    So what do we have?

Wing Commander
    Mario Brothers
    Street Fighter
    Mortal Kombat
    Resident Evil
    Tomb Raider
    Final Fantasy
    and probably more...

I've also heard rumors of a
    Warcraft movie, Diablo movie, and Duke Nukem movie (probably in 2035 but will be pushed back to 2051) .

I'd vouch for a Half-Life movie, it would be an interesting to see what they would come up with.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    butters said
    So what do we have?

...and Duke Nukem movie (probably in 2035 but will be pushed back to 2051) .

Which will still be sooner than the next version of the game...:crazy:

Prof
  • edited July 2003
    i think half-life would make a good movie, just kinda like how diablo 2 would, but it wouldnt be able to have people actors, itd have to be animated like finaly fantasy the spirits within or toystory
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I think a Half-Life movie would rule, unless they get some crap actor to do it, they need to use someone who looks like him, not some hit of the moment crap actor.

NS
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    NightShade737 said
    I think a Half-Life movie would rule, unless they get some crap actor to do it, they need to use someone who looks like him, not some hit of the moment crap actor.

NS

Agreed. What about William H Macy, he could do a Gordon Freeman don't you think?

BTW, nice to see you back around again NS :cool:

SPINNER