Electron Microscope v2.5.3 (Update)

edited June 2004 in Folding@Home

New 'Quick Find' Search Feature
Long Protein Name Fix
Time-Limitless Work Units Recognized
Another Red 'X' Related Fix
'Suspend' Related Enhancement

A new Folding@Home 'Quick Find' search routine has been incorporated into the options menu.
FAHQuickFind.jpg
I wrote it especially for the new users and those that don't know where F@H might be located. EM will now search every folder on all your local Hard Drives (not remote) for the F@H program file. It starts with the 'C' drive and moves on to your other hard drives if it doesn't find it there. When EM discovers the file, it will add the path to the Path text box. It will distinguish between the console and the screensaver version also. When you press this new search button, EM will tell you that you can just press 'Yes' (the default) to just try and find the standard console version, or you can press 'No' to find either the Screensaver version, or you can type in whatever name you used for the file. Either way, once the search feature finds the file, it will add the correct path. All of this assumes that you haven't installed the console or the screensaver in more than one folder... in that case, EM will put the path to the first program file you selected that it finds, in the Path text box. It won't look any further... took about 2 seconds for it to find my local install. It is a faster search engine than the one used by Windows... I wrote it of course. LOL The old 'browse' button is still there if you want to add clients yourself, or browse the network. Hopefully this will make it easier for the newbie’s.

Some of the newer protein names were overwriting the points display. These long names are now truncated so they won't overwrite the points display anymore. If you hover your mouse cursor over the protein name the 'tip' will display the entire protein name.

Fixed EM so it won't report protein will expire before it can be returned when running the Time-Limitless Work Units. No more Red X's, in other words, for this type of work unit.

Also, Red X related, when un-checking the warning box in the options menu, EM did not immediately erase the Red X's that were currently being displayed... EM now does that.

When using the "Suspend" feature, EM would delay appearing if the network connection to the suspended system was not there. This delay is now gone. EM should appear as quickly as it would if the connection(s) actually existed.

Thanks very much to those of you who have donated a couple of $$$ to the EM-DC.COM web site. I really appreciate the help.

Enjoy! :D

Get the latest version here: http://www.em-dc.com

latestem.jpg

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    Thanks Larry.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Thanks Larry! :fold:
  • edited June 2004
    Thanks for all the dedication and time you put into this project. It doesn't go unnoticed.

KingFish
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited June 2004
    Thanks from me too Larry.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Got it, installed it. You are cool guy, no doubt about it. Thanks!
  • edited June 2004
    You guys keep folding and I'll keep this puppy updated. ;)
  • edited June 2004
    We really appreciate all the work you do to keep EMIII up to date, Larry! :thumbsup:
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited June 2004
    nice. :)
  • edited June 2004
    Bug Fix Update Version 2.5.4
    This update just fixes two glitches I introduced during my R&D on the last update. The first one was a simple matter of not setting the font size back to their original settings. All font sizes on each protein window are the same size (9), except the two boxes that display the speed and box name information, they are supposed to be 8 instead of 9 so more letters would show. That is now fixed. The second thing was the Suspend modification I made. Since I made EM skip several steps in the initialization of each new protein window object, I failed to allow the window to know exactly what path the user had selected for that box. So, when EM was started with Suspend already activated, it would not know where the work unit was located. This little glitch is now resolved.