changing name for folding?

BudBud Chesterfield, Va
edited June 2004 in Folding@Home
can I change the name I use for folding and keep my points?

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Nope. :(
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2004
    What's wrong with Bud? :)

That has been my dad's nickname all his life. Just be glad you're not Folding as gerblinizcwq3875 or something.

Besides, "Bud" makes my life as milestone poster easier. The headlines practically write themselves:

"Bud Bashes..."
    "Bud Befuddles..."

etc.

:thumbsup::fold:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    well ...if you change your folding name all of your points accumulated with the new name will go under that name ...and the points you acquired with Bud will stay with Bud.
    Of course ...you will be changing your name to csimon right??? ;D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2004
    csimon wrote:
    ...Of course ...you will be changing your name to csimon right??? ;D
    So that's how he does it... :cool:
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited June 2004
    nice guys. I want to change it because at work Im putting folding on them without them knowing, and I use bud (which is my real name) and they see it they might not be too happy
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    well bud ...it's only a name for you to keep track of progress. Now if you were doing prime95 which involves reward money then I can see them getting pissed ...but trying to cure alzhiemers? cancer? mad cow?
    I think you'd probably get a raise with all of the alzhiemers publicity at the moment.

No seriously ...it's your call - don't do anything you'll regret later.
    edited June 2004
    well I put it on 3 pvs and a mac with a new username so that will help the team
    edited June 2004
    so if I e-mail stanford no way possiable?
  • edited June 2004
    No way possible. They get a ton of requests like that. Nope, nada, not happening.

KF
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Bud wrote:
    nice guys. I want to change it because at work Im putting folding on them without them knowing, and I use bud (which is my real name) and they see it they might not be too happy

No, no, no, no, no. DO NOT SET IT UP WITHOUT PERMISSION. If they found out this could get you fired. They can class this as stealing as you are using their equipment without their permission. No matter how good the cause you should not loose your job over it. Just ask them to see if its ok. I did and look where it got me :thumbsup:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    ^^^ What he said!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    definitely do not fold on a computer that you do not own without permission. It's illegal, but it's also immoral and we don't sanction it.. If you check with your boss, show him or her the folding videos, and make a solid and intelligent case for it, who knows, you might score big time and find it on ALL your work computers.

I HIGHLY recommend getting permission from your boss to install it.

//edit: Whaaaaa beaten to the punch by others :Rocker:
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Only by about 4/5 hours mate ;)