SM4 Goings On

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
edited June 2004 in Folding@Home
I think the HD in SM4 might be failing. I picked up a bunch of 2.1GB WDs and I'll most likely replace the HD this weekend. Also, because I am moving into a larger apartment with 2 AC units, my electric bill is going to increase. I'm going to talk to my boss about letting me leave SM4 in our air conditioned server room backed by an industrial-strength UPS. A much happier environment for her.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    That'll be 3 SMx rigs hosted in a climate controlled environment :D

Icrontic11 and SM18 are happy :)
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited June 2004
    Mr. Kwitko wrote:
    I think the HD in SM4 might be failing. I picked up a bunch of 2.1GB WDs and I'll most likely replace the HD this weekend. Also, because I am moving into a larger apartment with 2 AC units, my electric bill is going to increase. I'm going to talk to my boss about letting me leave SM4 in our air conditioned server room backed by an industrial-strength UPS. A much happier environment for her.

Let me know if you'd like to put something bigger (think 10GB) in it and I can send it your way. Sitting on a couple of extra drives I'd like to see go to a good home instead of a landfill.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    You can always donate them to the SMx project for future rigs, Ocomik :)
  • edited June 2004
    I'm having massive hard drive probs over here with the server farm myself ocomik. How much you want for some of those small capacity hard drives?

KingFish
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    That'll be 3 SMx rigs hosted in a climate controlled environment :D

Icrontic11 and SM18 are happy :)

Make that 4 thanks to the British weather :ukflag: ;D;D;D